Cafe in Palace Stocksbridge Precint

I would just like to reccomend the cafe under the Palce cinema in Stocksbridge. Popped over today and was feelin peckish so went in and even though they were just cleaning the oven down they still offered me meal of the day so friendly and chatty and what i found most approving, i forgot to mention i dont like tomatoes and felt guilty as a full one was on my plate which i wasted when i mentioned this the poor lass nearly snatched mty plate off me as she thought id said i was allergic! How many cafe think of peoples health like that?

seriously this is a good place and i seriously hope it doesnt close down xx

I would just like to reccomend the cafe under the Palce cinema in Stocksbridge. Popped over today and was feelin peckish so went in and even though they were just cleaning the oven down they still offered me meal of the day so friendly and chatty and what i found most approving, i forgot to mention i dont like tomatoes and felt guilty as a full one was on my plate which i wasted when i mentioned this the poor lass nearly snatched mty plate off me as she thought id said i was allergic! How many cafe think of peoples health like that?

I dont like tomatos too ...but it does look nice on the plate in a presentation sence :hihi:

Been In a Couple of times myself now & have found it very friendly & the food & service very good :)

Are they open on Saturdays.......around lunchtime? Might give them a try if they are. :)

I was asked for a coffee, which was sugard and I dont like suagr

so the nice lady snatched it off me like I was allergic to sugar then poured the coffee over my had

I left her a £5 tip :)

Iv had my brekkie in there quite a few times,its always been spot on.

The last 3 times theres always been the same 2 girls with pushchairs,feeding the fruit machine.....obviously enjoy friut coz thier never off it:hihi::hihi:

Are they open on Saturdays.......around lunchtime? Might give them a try if they are. :)

Think the opening times are 8.30am - 4.00pm mon - sat, but yes they are open on a saturday lunchtime :)

it pays to advertise ................................. :roll:

Sound like genuine replies to me :confused:

ok but I dont work there or live in stocksbridge anymore family do was visiting and promised the owners i would leave a review as I would appreaciate someone doing the same for me! cant do anything nice can I :roll:

ok but I dont work there or live in stocksbridge anymore family do was visiting and promised the owners i would leave a review as I would appreaciate someone doing the same for me! cant do anything nice can I :roll:

i dont live in stocksbridge and dont work there too ....but the tea was hot and warmed me up before a brisk walk around underbank reservoir this afternoon

Hi Emma,

Thank you for you kind response - and thank you for keeping your promise of writing us a review.

I know your a genuine customer and that it good enough for me and the team.

Thank you for popping in and seeing us and your welcome back anytime, I will make sure there are no tomatos next time.

Quicken.... I agree it pays to advertise, But I let my food, friendly staff and our warm welcome speak for itself.... Feel free to try us out, I will even chuck in a free cuppa for you. ;)

See you all soon and Thank you again Emma

Phill - Palace Cafe