Spot a clean washed taxi in sheffield !

How come in every other City I visit there is an obvious ethic where owners take pride and wash their Taxi ? - whereas in Sheffield every 2nd Taxi you see is 'loppy' - particularly Private Taxis. This is in spite of it being part of the Councils Licensing requirement ! Come on lads lets show some Sheffield Pride to customers and in particular to our City Visitors.

If you go by First buses, taxi drivers are clean freaks!

Water shortage!!!!!!!!!

That would explain the above inflation rise in water rates.

Its not as easy as you think to keep them clean my other halfs a taxi driver and u can spend a good hour getting it gleaming then it rains and it comes back a few hours later just as bad as it were before it was washed perhaps if it stopped raining it would help :) oh and the dirty tramps that let there kids put there feet all over back seats etc dont help on the interior side either !!

Its not as easy as you think to keep them clean....

I disagree. My Mother in Law used to run a taxi in Aldershot and they had to be clean with no dints, large scratches etc.. to be on the ranks. They were closely regulated and removed until cleaned or defects removed. Same with inside the taxi. My M in L had 2 drivers working 2 x 12hr shifts so the taxi was always running but the drivers still managed to keep it clean because they had to.

as long as the seats are not soiled i couldnt care less.

How come in every other City I visit there is an obvious ethic where owners take pride and wash their Taxi ? - whereas in Sheffield every 2nd Taxi you see is 'loppy' - particularly Private Taxis

Really? Wow, you must be very poor at choosing taxis!

The taxi company that I use, all their cars are immaculate, inside and out :)

x

as long as the seats are not soiled i couldnt care less.

I agree whole.

You're all obviously Sheffield based and unaware of anything better in Taxi service to the Public elsewhere.

Other Cities insist on their Private Hire Cabs being painted in Corporate colours such that the Customer is aware of the standard he is getting. The sooner the better that our Licensing Dept. in Sheffield has the time/staff to enforce the Licensing Standards laid down and the number of Cabs reduced to represent quality rather than quantity.:)