Sign in to follow this  

Amateur and Pro boxing

HI all

Just to invite you all along to the DVSA for fitness or boxing training, it is really great fun and only 2.00 a sesion or 5.00 a week...!!!

www.geocities.com/donvalleysportsacademy

This should be in the Noticeboard forum. I will leave it here for a while before moving it (for people's reference :wink:)

Originally posted by "BladesCrew"

HI all

Just to invite you all along to the DVSA for fitness or boxing training, it is really great fun and only 2.00 a sesion or 5.00 a week...!!!

www.geocities.com/donvalleysportsacademy

Who are the registered ABA coaches? and can you provide me with some details of what the facilities are like. Do you have to compete? What are the opening times?

Hiya

presently our Amateur coach is taking his license with the ABA, but anyone who wants to box amateur can train with us and box with the Sheffield Boxing Centre until we are officially up and running.

We charge for under 15's £1.50 a session, £2.00 for everyone else, or £5.00 across the board for a weeks training.

You dont have to compete, many of our members just enjoy the training and fun.

Take a look at our website, we are hopeing to have the photo's up by the middle of next week, my digi camera blew up on me so I'm waiting for a loan one. Alternativly you could call in from 2-8 weekdays and from 11-3 saturdays to have a look round and talk to the coaches.

Look forward to seeing you..

BC

Geoff, have I been bad again :cry: !!!!!! haha

:wink:

Have you seen the link ?

BC

What about Equipment? Do you provide this or do people have to use/bring their own? I am talking about Gloves, skipping ropes etc.

Thanks.

All the equipment is provided, although if your planning to make this a regular thing I would advise you to buy your own bag gloves and wraps, you can train in bare feet or in trainers, so boxing boots are not really that neccesary.

BC

hi there does anybody know of any decent friendly gyms around Eccleshall rd or the city centre for a total novice to take up boxing????

Sheffield Boxing Centre which is just outside the main city centre.

Take the left turn off Penistone Road directly opposite the Lexus showroom and then take the 1st right towards the old Burton Street school.

Sheffield boxing centre is on the top floor.

I was an absolute novice and have been there for 2 months now. Fantastic friendly attitude. Excellent facilities. All standards catered for and a pretty good social side.

:D

Oh, I nearly forgot, the Supertram Burgoyne Road stop is just about 200 yds away.

nice one jon i will probably see u there as i intend to join. Is there any particular day or time which is good. Do i need to get my own gloves skipping rope etc and how much will it set me back a month/session?