Snorkelling for kids in Sheffield?

I want to teach my 8 year old daughter to snorkel. She can swim very well already. I've asked all the big swimming pools in Sheff but they don't allow masks and snorkels to be used in the pools. Anyone know a pool (here in Sheff or South Yorkshire/ Derbyshire) that would allow a kid (under my supervision) to practice snorkelling?

Underwater Hockey at Graves Swimming and Leisure, Friday evening 8-9, 5 Pounds a session - they are excellent at teaching snorkelling technique (which is essential for the sport; if your daughter is a strong swimmer, she might enjoy this very much).

I was wanting to ask a similar question to the OP and this old thread came up so I thought I'd give it a bump.

I want to teach my 8 year old to snorkel in readiness for next year's holiday. I wouldn't say she is an exceptionally strong swimer, but she is comfortable in the water. I'd like to let her practice in a pool to make sure she is OK before we go.

Does anyone know anywhere fairly local?

Try Chapeltown Sub Aqua Club

See: http://www.chapeltownsac.org.uk/

They have a pool session every Friday evening at Chapeltown Baths on Burncross Road. Starts at 8.30pm. It's open to visitors at a cost of £3 each. You can use masks fins and snorkels throughout the session, they usually just have one lane cordoned off for scuba diving training.

If you need snorkelling tuition, contact them via the website and they may be able to help, they are a nice friendly bunch.