Anyone tried the scrummy free friday food in the Rose & Crown, Eckington

Thanks for sticking up for me Beth22, i guess you know the pub then...

At least i now know what OP means..lol - the landlady i expect will own the place who else would? and if she's working behind the bar how can she be behind the cooking!

What's up with people on here...doesn't anybody believe that there are still some people who do something for selfsatisfaction and not always for MONEY....

i don't really care anyway ...i like the place and the food and will be in on friday to see this guy, find out his name and tell him what a set of disbelivers are on here...

it's ok CG sorry had to put something, i am a very opinionated person and interested in what other people think, take no notice of the sad comments made by others....if you like it what the hell does it matter.!

We're not all computer buffs and live our lives around data and inititial shortening for words!

yeah i know the pub as i know most, been around the trade for years but haven't been in the rose for awhile...may just call in now though - on a friday that is lol

if i don't make it let me know how you go on

Thanks simonj......yes i nodded and there is someone in there lol

sorry if i'ma bit slow on the uptake of the lingo on here !!

only have one comment to make to that ghost rider....course the owner of the pub works there ...

she's the Landlady dehhhhhhhh...........

OP stands for "original poster"....namely the operson who started the thread...

Edited by esme
forum rules re posting in bold

actually i wasnt bein funny when i last posted on here was just stating that thats what used to happen with people who owned pubs and put food on if you read the post properly i said good on him if its as good as you say it is and it made me hungry just reading it!

Hi vicki sorry if i took your comment the wrong way... i don't know if this guy does the food every friday but it really is good and i'll be most disappointed if there's none this week.. lol

don't think he works there as he was just drinking and having a laugh with his pals

you should try it for yourself....may be i'll see you there...that's if the wife lets me out ha ha

she got the face on last week because i didn't eat my tea.......oh dear in the dog house again..........!!!!!!!!!!

Ok that's it now...come on Chicken G tell us who you are......i know that your taking the michael and i know it's one of our friends but the games up now as you didn't arrive last night did you.....

what a shame cos my hubby had made loads of samosas and curry and nicki the landlady was even offering a free pint but no show.......wonder why!!

just in answer to the other comments, the food isn't laced with salt and is made because my hubby loves cooking for his friends ..that's all there is to it.

it's nothing to do with drumming up trade for the landlady, she is quite capable of doing that herself and if she wanted could have advertised the fact that they were doing £2 a pint early bar ages ago.

back to you Chicken G when we going to see you !! lol

Free curry, and £2.00 a pint sounds fab,

but who is the mysterious chicken G ???

Has anybody tried the fabulous food on offer free in the rose and crown on a friday early bar??

It's absolutely fantastic and from what i can gather is made by a local guy as he seems to be friends with the landlady

Up to now there has been chilli and garlic bread and indian curry and samosas...i missed out on the chinese chicken curry but heard others saying how good it was.

Can't wait to see what this week brings

Good on ya mate

The curry was as good if not better than any takeaway i've had, as were the samosas and the chilli was just right

Makes you want to stay for another drink, great atmosphere and nice people, will definately be back !...

yes its really nice we go all the time, very good food

Edited by esme

well well chicken G.......so you have been accused of taking the "michael".....omg

is it true then ? do you know the person doing the cooking....you must tell us and then you can get your free pint seeing as you didn't turn up for it last week

not that it really matters if you are having a joke with a mate as it sounds as if he really can cook or does he buy a takeaway and pass it off as his own !!!

ask for the recipe or get him to name some ingredients ha ha