My first pay packet

1949 I think it was around 12 bob a week bakers apprentice shilling a week went on my first push bike,no where in U.K was to far after that

i got 2, 7 /6 fom baltic bakery mam gave me 5 shilling i thought i was in heaven

£2-9-1d, my first pay packet at Davy United. The patternmakers never sawed their fingers off, though. Second week lost it on the way home, still had to pay me "boord". Hard lessons that last you a lifetime. 1965.

Edited by dunsel

King George gave me 1/6 a day for serving in the Royal Navy.

I started at Arthur Lee and Sons in 1961 age 15. My first wage packet was £2 13s 6d. Remember buying a shirt that first week with what was left over.

£12.50p trainee hairdresser Cole Brothers! 1975

£14.94 pence for 40 hours. apprentice welder at william greens at ecclesfield in 1974. gave my mum a fiver board.

£2.1/11 per week at Easterbrook &Allcards.

It came in a small oval tin with your number embossed on it. Each end of the tin had a lid on it with the notes on one side and the coins in another. Had to be signed for every week. 1960

Edited by arrodbo
additional info