Driver license revoked

Hi there can anyone help me with this please, does an employer have the right to report you to D.V.L.A without your consent or consulting you of this action without seeing the medical evidence first that has by the way come back clear? The reason I am asking for help with this is because D.V.L.A sent me a fitness to drive form that I had to fill in and send back within 21 days or they would revoke my license I had no choice but to do this and after about a week recieved a letter saying my driving license had been revoked. This was devastating news because my full time job is driving and I am also a working musician/ photographer. I rang D.V.L.A and an adviser a very nice lady told me that someone had called them and reported their concerns of my fitness to drive when I asked if she could tell me she said she could not disclose that information, I then mentioned if it was my employer "she said lets just say it was a third party" I was stunned I could not believe it. I work for a large organisation not sure if i can mention them here even though I want to because I feel what they have done is wrong. please can anyone help with this...

your information is a bit vague, but if it is medical, you should be able to appeal and involve your GP, if he thinks you are ok to drive, but remember saftey of other road users has to come first

If a decision is taken by the DVLA to revoke or refuse a licence, there is no internal appeals procedure. You can ask them to reconsider their decision and if there is further medical evidence available this should be sent with the request to reconsider. The evidence will be considered by a medical panel.

The DVLA should have given its reasons for the decision to refuse or revoke a licence in writing. They will also give notice of the right of appeal to a magistrate's court as per Section 100 of the Road Traffic Act 1988. However if you declared a disability which requires mandatory action under the regulations there is no right of appeal.

I think you have to ask yourself the question "am I fit enough to drive" and answer it honestly. If the answer is no then whoever it is has done you a favour (and other road users). If the answer is yes I am fit enough to drive, then, as traceyoneill says, get your GP involved. I know I would be devastated if I had to stop driving but remember your car can be a deadly weapon!

That's bad news for you, indeed.

However, whatever the rights and wrongs are of a third party appearing to have snitched on you, a driver is required by law to inform the DVLA (and the insurers) of anything by way of medical condition that materially affects his/her ability to drive. The DVLA gives a full list of the conditions that they must be informed of on their website. Some conditions are reflected by a suspension of the licence until the condition has been managed. Others end up with a revocation.

If it was your employer who had become aware of your condition, they would have been fully justified to suspend your driving-for-work whilst the DVLA pronounced, in any case. They have a duty of care to you and to the rest of us, after all.

Sorry not to be able to give you a different answer.

Anyone has the right to report you if they think you're not safe to be on the road.

Worry less about who grassed you up and look to why they reported you.

it may not have been an employer , it could be someone you know, thats what happened to me once

One response to this post was that my info is a bit vague and I admit that there is much more to this than I have mentioned on here as it is quite complicated, Basically I had already had all the tests done and I got the test results back 4 weeks ago. Medical results say that I am perfectly fit, in the hope I could go back on driving duties I even informed the delivery office manager of this, I was still reported to D.V.L.A this was two weeks after I received my medical test results, I then received a fit to drive questionare I answered all the questions honestly and added all the additional info about what happened and telling them the results where fine and then one week later I get the letter saying my license had been revoked. I am hoping that D.V.L.A will reverse their decision but the chances are is that I may have to have another medical at their end, but even if I get my license back I shall be pursuing this further as something does not seem right.

Hi there can anyone help me with this please, does an employer have the right to report you to D.V.L.A without your consent or consulting you of this action without seeing the medical evidence first that has by the way come back clear? The reason I am asking for help with this is because D.V.L.A sent me a fitness to drive form that I had to fill in and send back within 21 days or they would revoke my license I had no choice but to do this and after about a week recieved a letter saying my driving license had been revoked. This was devastating news because my full time job is driving and I am also a working musician/ photographer. I rang D.V.L.A and an adviser a very nice lady told me that someone had called them and reported their concerns of my fitness to drive when I asked if she could tell me she said she could not disclose that information, I then mentioned if it was my employer "she said lets just say it was a third party" I was stunned I could not believe it. I work for a large organisation not sure if i can mention them here even though I want to because I feel what they have done is wrong. please can anyone help with this...

The only people who would have done anything wrong would be the DVLA if they divulged who reported you. But as it appears that they didn't no one has acted unreasonably.

In order to have revoked it, there must be something in the form you sent them that gives them a reason to do it - they don't just do it on the say so of a third party.

It is a pretty standard occurence. Many people will voice concerns about a persons fitness to drive. The DVLA will send out a list of questions asking if you are blind, epileptic etc. If your answers prove you are unfit to drive your licence is revoked. The forms are sent out automatically once drivers reach a certain age.

It helps to avoids people being knocked down on a zebra crossing by someone no longer able to see their own car's windscreen wipers.

hi auto thanks for your response and yes I can see where you are coming from but, I only got the D.V.L.A fitness to drive form because someone reported me in the first place without checking the fact that I was medically declared fit, I told the D.V.L.A in the questionare about the incident was totally honest with them all the tick boxes where a no what happened to me was caused by stress of the job at Christmas my brother tried suicide 3 weeks previous and my GSD dog of ten years was being put to sleep that very day of the accident. Everything went wrong that day, I have never had an accident or an incident like that before and I have not had once since, something still does not seem right and to be honest there are some devious people in my job.

It is a pretty standard occurence. Many people will voice concerns about a persons fitness to drive. The DVLA will send out a list of questions asking if you are blind, epileptic etc. If your answers prove you are unfit to drive your licence is revoked. The forms are sent out automatically once drivers reach a certain age.

It helps to avoids people being knocked down on a zebra crossing by someone no longer able to see their own car's windscreen wipers.

Helps, but doesn't eliminate the posibility. People lie on these forms as a mate who was broadsided by an old dear, who when crudley tested by police at the roadside was found not to be able to see literally past the end of her bonnet (in a 1998 Nissan Micra) But had told the DVLA she had almost 20/20 vision

IMO Fitness tests should be done for ALL drivers, every few years sort of like an MOT for the driver. And the forms sent by the DOCTOR not the driver.