Quick run Ivan's coming

Ivan used to travel and watch my husbands Saturday football team every week without fail, the games were just not the same without him. He would always have a lemondade or coke afterwards in the club house. We were very sad when he passed away.

Did Your Husband Play For Oughtibridge?

He did yes, think it was called Dixel I used to go and watch him each week too, more so for the drinks in the club house afterwards( I know you dont spell it like that actually). Did you used to play there?

I think Ivan ended up living with his mother at Worrall.

I remember seeing him at Sheffield Speedway

Ivan's mum got knocked down and killed outside the old Sportsman pub crossing Penistone Road after church at St John's one Sunday night if I remember correctly.

Ivan then went into a home up Sandygate, and used to go in the Ranmoor Inn on occasions.

I think Ivan ended up living with his mother at worrall.
Ivan finished up in a home at I think Eccellsal.

Dixell was the paper mill in Wharncliffe Side, no I didn,t play for them, used to watch Oughtbridge when Ivan supported them

Ivan's mum got knocked down and killed outside the old Sportsman pub crossing Penistone Road after church at St John's one Sunday night if I remember correctly.

Ivan then went into a home up Sandygate, and used to go in the Ranmoor Inn on occasions.

Right from the first post I wondered if this was the same Ivan who scared the hell out of us kids around Ranmoor in the 70's. Nice to know a little history of him and it saddens me to remember the abuse he got from all the school kids (unfortunately myself included on the odd occasion).

I remember he lived at the Oakbrook View (Ranmoor View?) centre on Fulwood Road although I don't recall ever seeing him in the Ranmoor Inn, unlike the inimitable Gerald, another resident of Oakbrook.

Right from the first post I wondered if this was the same Ivan who scared the hell out of us kids around Ranmoor in the 70's. Nice to know a little history of him and it saddens me to remember the abuse he got from all the school kids (unfortunately myself included on the odd occasion).

I remember he lived at the Oakbrook View (Ranmoor View?) centre on Fulwood Road although I don't recall ever seeing him in the Ranmoor Inn, unlike the inimitable Gerald, another resident of Oakbrook.

I think with his football conections and description this was the guy who would sit on a bench with a smaller guy from Oakbrook view, watching us playing football in Whitley woods, late 60's, early 70's, we were allways a bit concerned as our parents would tell us not to talk to strangers and these guys were a bit creapy. Ivan, reminded me of George, from the book 'of mice and men'

Ivan would always ask you to help him across the road then wait 5 minutes and ask someone else to take him back this would go on for quite a while, he also worked in the graveyard at rivelin valley.

Ivan used to ring the bell at Owlerton Church. His mother was killed on her way to church. Ivan was kept inside untill a relative could be brought and then the vicar broke the news to him.

That was around 1973 I think he went to live with an aunt in worral before moving to the Towers at Crosspool. As a child he scared me witless but in fact was agentle giant.