Ball inn fc of the 70,s

:Hi, i am a new user looking for players and manager from the ball inn team in the 70,s, the manager was john rodgers assisted by barry whittingham, any info on any of the old players would be good.i am trying to arrange a reunion at the ball this year, some names are ron willoughby, alan smith,malc cassim ,dick?, malc hobson,mick sibley, tony butcher, roger hole,and any others you can help me with u can contact me on this thread or e-mail me

:Hi, i am a new user looking for players and manager from the ball inn team in the 70,s, the manager was john rodgers assisted by barry whittingham, any info on any of the old players would be good.i am trying to arrange a reunion at the ball this year, some names are ron willoughby, alan smith,malc cassim ,dick?, malc hobson,mick sibley, tony butcher, roger hole,and any others you can help me with u can contact me on this thread or e-mail me

I played for the Ball in the late 60's, a bit before this lot turned out. I knew the two Malcolms (Cassim and Hobson). Sometimes see Malcolm Hobson at Hillsborough. The last I knew he was living at Greenhill. Why not try a post on the "Anyone from Grimesthorpe" thread. Someone will possibly know there whereabouts.

have done cheers walt,if you see them ask them to get in touch with me dave drabble

My brother-in law is Richard(Dick)Hoole.I'm pretty sure he played for the Ball Inn during the late 60's and early 70's.

The family used to live about three doors up from the Ball,on the corner of Crookes main road and Mulehouse Road.

He's away at the moment,but I will contact him when he returns to verify this, and I will post again.

My brother-in law is Richard(Dick)Hoole.I'm pretty sure he played for the Ball Inn during the late 60's and early 70's.

The family used to live about three doors up from the Ball,on the corner of Crookes main road and Mulehouse Road.

He's away at the moment,but I will contact him when he returns to verify this, and I will post again.

hi i am pretty sure dick played on the wing for us , please let me know as soon as he gets back, cheers Dave D

Would this be the Ball Inn on Mansfield Rd, Intake? I recall a Dave Drabble living there in the late 60s

Hi. If this is the Dick Hoole I know (quite well) I pretty sure he did NOT play for those guy's.

If It's the same Dick Hoole, (His dad Sam and Uncle Joe were the local coal merchants) I'm pretty sure he did not have any brothers or sisters so he must have married into your family.

If it is him I would love to hear from him. We hung out and drank together throughout the mid 60's. Our main hang out was the Original Grindstone when Vern and Wyn had it. We were a group of 8 or 10 guys who pretty much did everything together, Football matches, Weddings, Costa Del Sol, you name it. Thell him this is Charlie :-)

Would this be the Ball Inn on Mansfield Rd, Intake? I recall a Dave Drabble living there in the late 60s

no sorry, it was the ball inn on upwell street and i lived on the gleadless valley in the 60.s

think ur on aboute dick ainsbury mate .i also played for the ball under j rodgers late 80s .dicko played for us

Dave Drabble's mom and dad kept ball on mansfield rd ALBERT and JOYCE. Dave now lives down south. he had a mate R.Storey. who went to M.U.F.C. and he played football for England Boys.

Hi. If this is the Dick Hoole I know (quite well) I pretty sure he did NOT play for those guy's.

If It's the same Dick Hoole, (His dad Sam and Uncle Joe were the local coal merchants) I'm pretty sure he did not have any brothers or sisters so he must have married into your family.

If it is him I would love to hear from him. We hung out and drank together throughout the mid 60's. Our main hang out was the Original Grindstone when Vern and Wyn had it. We were a group of 8 or 10 guys who pretty much did everything together, Football matches, Weddings, Costa Del Sol, you name it. Thell him this is Charlie :-)

Hi USUK

Spoke to Dick,he remembers you well and would like to make contact again.Please email me on johntalford47@hotmail .com with details of your own email address and I will let you know his.

ps. I am married to his sister Linda.

Kind Regards,

John

Hi Drabb,

You will gather from subsequent posts,that we were talking at cross purposes.

Although Dick Hoole is not your man ie. wrong Ball Inn,you might be interested to see from the other posts, that your thread has resulted in USUK getting in touch.He and Dick Hoole had lost contact for over 30 years,but will soon be back in touch.So many thanks for starting the thread which has achieved a great result for our Dick.

I wish you equally good luck in your quest!