Daughters Plea for mum to get Ramp

Can I just say we aint askin 4 them to pay they are re doing all the houses and gardens and ova 2 yr ago we told them bout ramp but nw they sayin no,basically my post is askin 4 help not askin 4 money my nan worked all her life and othas hav drives that dnt own cars my nannan wont go to a bungalow when a housin say they gna do sumet shudnt go back on their word. And as for the person tryin to correct me she is my NANNAN and thats what I call her thank u very much

Ok I wont use one I dnt wana lose a leg otherwise id hav to have special adaptions. Be waitin a lifetime,thnx people 4 the kind posts

surely if they are modernising the propertys and thats why the privit has to come out then theye should be doing it as they go along?

Is it even possible for a ramp to be installed at your Grandma's/nannan's house?

I'm no expert but some properties are not suitable for a ramp.

Those steps look very steep to install a ramp there would need to be enough distance available to accommodate the gradient of the ramp otherwise it will stretch onto the pavement or the road!

The occupational therapist may have deemed your Grandma's property unsuitable for a ramp to be installed?

I apologise in advance as my post may seem harsh, but i do fully sympathise with your nannan. However, why should the housing association be expected to pay for this ramp any more then you? If you were in private accommodation would you also expect your landlord to pay for this? I only ask as my mother is in a similar situation - she is disabled and unable to get up the stairs in her house, and yes we have been trying to get her a bungalow or downstairs flat for 4 years now. But we didnt expect the council to pay for her stairlift or ramp - even though they are doing nothing to help her move. We paid for it ourselves, after all, this is an extra personal requirement and not a neccessity of the upkeep of the property - housing associations are just glorified landlords who get some funding to enable them to rent out properties cheaper

as someone has pointed out, there are benefits for this purpose, NO ONE should have to pay for this. If you are disabled person who is in need of adaptations to enable you to access your house there are disabled facilities grants etc to help. How easy they are to get is another problem, but the theory is there...

C And as for the person tryin to correct me she is my NANNAN and thats what I call her thank u very much

They might not have been trying to correct you. "Nannan" is quite a local word to the Sheffield area, I hadn't come across it before I moved here so it might have been a genuine question just to make sure that is who you meant. Let's hope so.

They might not have been trying to correct you. "Nannan" is quite a local word to the Sheffield area, I hadn't come across it before I moved here so it might have been a genuine question just to make sure that is who you meant. Let's hope so.

He was trying to correct her as he knew that nan-nan meant grandmother:roll:

Hi I don't have a copy of tonight's star, but if you can PM the area of Sheffield your Nannan is in I'll try to help.

She certainly shouldn't have to move if she doesn't want too.

Once I have area I don't need full address I'll point you in the right direction for help.

To the post who said would it be possible for ramp as steps are steep yeah a ramp would be possible as someone had one put in further down the street and it was steeper than my nannans.

Oh and the ramp is not going down the stairs the ramp would run through the front garden they're just pointing out that cannot get a wheel chair down 3 steps