Re-pointing. How much does it cost?

it may or may not be any use to you, if you think what has to be done, i would think it would cost more than laying bricks?

it may or may not be any use to you, if you think what has to be done, i would think it would cost more than laying bricks?

Its rude to point

Could anybody recommend anybody to repoint a terrace property in S8?

Sent you a pm..

I am currently booked up but happy to quote this week for a potential book in

Regards James

Can you recommend anybody that may be able to? Cheers

Sorry no, not to the way I would do it.

kidley,

Yes pointing can cost more per m2 than labour only bricklaying. It simply takes longer than laying bricks.

Smaller, tighter joints are a pain, the bigger the joints the faster and easier it is.

It might be worth waiting for the right man and summer is not the best season to have it done. It dries out to fast. Cooler the better.

Edited by GerryBooth

Hi,

The chimney on our terrace (in S6) needs repointing and the pots need re-flaunching. I'd like it done with lime mortar because it's stone. Any recommendations?

Thank you.

I cannot help you as I am busy well into Autumn.

Expect a decent builder to have your stacks scaffolded. Scaffolding prices have rocketed in the last 2 years. That is a business where demand is far greater than supply.

Chimney stacks are a pain! Always breezy on a roof. Either too breezy causing rapid drying or risk of wash off with rain.

Ideally a cloudy windless day. Cooler the better.

I cannot help you as I am busy well into Autumn.

Expect a decent builder to have your stacks scaffolded. Scaffolding prices have rocketed in the last 2 years. That is a business where demand is far greater than supply.

Chimney stacks are a pain! Always breezy on a roof. Either too breezy causing rapid drying or risk of wash off with rain.

Ideally a cloudy windless day. Cooler the better.

Thank you. Very useful to know.

I was expecting that scaffolding would be needed and I was hoping it could be done some time this year.

I wish I had started to organise it much earlier in the year :(