Re-pointing. How much does it cost?

Neither have been people who posted on this thread by the way, to add to "retired's" post.

ill call and give you free no obligation quote , just finishing a pointing job in lodge moor

same here was it done

fleetwood repointing services 07920427144

check out all our 5 star ratings on free index yellow pages

I've had repointing done before by a couple of cowboys too and now I realised why I still have damp problems, and why my walls look like it is about to fall off ! I would say, go for proper traders who knows what mix they are to use on the buildings and why.

As much as one likes to support local builders and traders, they really have to be decent and have trade integrity and really give the best solution to preserve a building from them falling off. As a home owner, one does not expect what they pay for actually will affect the house years on. I rather they charge me the full amount and I pay over a course of number of years or other to get it correct and right.

I had repointing done around 10 years or so ago, and it did not last around 50 years as most articles say online. Now I still have structural problems and damp too. I have to research into why, and to be honest, I should not need to do so.

http://www.heritage-house.org/pages/examples-of-strap-pointing.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/property/house-and-home/repointed-walls-arent-all-theyre-cracked-up-to-be-1137993.html

In hindsight, I am way too polite to sue those builder's ass off ! But their bad workmanship passes on the bad karmas and people actually lose their house as it disintegrates, that's not right.

Costs more than you'd expect in my opinion. After balking at quotes we decided not to proceed.

If any tradesman can enlighten me why it costs £25-30 a metre when the work doesn't require much in the way of material or a very long time investment I'd be interested to know.

To do the job propely is very time consuming. // Possibly the most horriblle job in the building trade . Correct way is is by a firm called Gun Point this is done by a machine and filled under pressure brilliant. If scaffold is up and raked out ready they can repoint front of a terraced in 6 hours. Preperation is every thing in this game so keep away from bodgers whose work cannot be rectified so easily. My mate has had his done on Richnond road S13 looks great no smearing on face of bricks like bodgers do . You want a bodger you deserve one.:huh:

Could anybody recommend anybody to repoint a terrace property in S8?

Could anybody recommend anybody to repoint a terrace property in S8?

£30-35m2 plus scaffolding. Mechanically raked out, hosed down and repointed in a sand, cemt and lime mortar. If you have fussy neighbours not wanting raking out dust then the hire of a vac will be extra.

Some buildings will require a lime mortar. The Gun point system is good but doesn't need to be done by Gun point. I have electric and manual injectors and can obtain a Gun Point type material. The labour is the same but the material costs £6m2 more than sand, cement and lime. Various colours as well.

I cannot help you as I am booked up to June already.

£30-35m2 plus scaffolding. Mechanically raked out, hosed down and repointed in a sand, cemt and lime mortar. If you have fussy neighbours not wanting raking out dust then the hire of a vac will be extra.

Some buildings will require a lime mortar. The Gun point system is good but doesn't need to be done by Gun point. I have electric and manual injectors and can obtain a Gun Point type material. The labour is the same but the material costs £6m2 more than sand, cement and lime. Various colours as well.

I cannot help you as I am booked up to June already.

Can you recommend anybody that may be able to? Cheers

I can recommend someone but can't say when or if he would be available. I waited over a year for my re-pointing. Good people will be in demand and are worth waiting for.

PM if you'd like his name.