No wonder job centres having job loses

Window man, I am completely with you mate. I have experienced how useless they are on both sides of the fence, I used to work in Hartshead square and you wouldn't believe how un-helpful they are and make no secret about it. The department I worked on I was always trying to go above and beyond the call of duty to help people as much as I could, I would make phone calls, chase people up, research things on the intranet system etc etc and you would not believe the amount of aggro I got for doing it, they work on a target based performance system and therefore it is their goal, not to deal with people how you might expect so people go away happy, they are there purely to get rid of you as fast as possible so they can get another call going, hence you will hear a lot of 'I'll just generate an email handoff, someone will call you back within 3 hours", I personally didn't believe in these and would try and chase things up myself as to me it's just passing the buck, but hey that's probably why I dont work there anymore, they looked into several avenues of ways to get rid of me and the way they finally managed was beyond belief...I wont go into that though.

Your best bet would be to make an appointment at your local JCP and get an advisor to do one there and then for you, they wont like it because it means they have to do something for their £15k but that's life....

Good luck :thumbsup:

OK, PROBABLY DON'T CHECK E-MAILS EITHER

SENDING 1 TO YOUR BOSS TO TELL YOUR ON S/F ALL DAY LOL:hihi:

SEEN ANY UFO'S LATELY:hihi:

Linus...Me thinks you talking a lot of bull poo.....

Remember these posts only started a year ago...

Post 1

Post 2

Done well for yourself in a year mate...well done :thumbsup:

Window man, I am completely with you mate. I have experienced how useless they are on both sides of the fence, I used to work in Hartshead square and you wouldn't believe how un-helpful they are and make no secret about it. The department I worked on I was always trying to go above and beyond the call of duty to help people as much as I could, I would make phone calls, chase people up, research things on the intranet system etc etc and you would not believe the amount of aggro I got for doing it, they work on a target based performance system and therefore it is their goal, not to deal with people how you might expect so people go away happy, they are there purely to get rid of you as fast as possible so they can get another call going, hence you will hear a lot of 'I'll just generate an email handoff, someone will call you back within 3 hours", I personally didn't believe in these and would try and chase things up myself as to me it's just passing the buck, but hey that's probably why I dont work there anymore, they looked into several avenues of ways to get rid of me and the way they finally managed was beyond belief...I wont go into that though.

Your best bet would be to make an appointment at your local JCP and get an advisor to do one there and then for you, they wont like it because it means they have to do something for their £15k but that's life....

Good luck :thumbsup:

WELL SAID THANKS SHOUT LOUD ENOUGH WE MAY GET HEARD :thumbsup:

Linus...Me thinks you talking a lot of bull poo.....

Remember these posts only started a year ago...

Post 1

Post 2

Done well for yourself in a year mate...well done :thumbsup:

Yeah I have actually, this time last year was earning less than 15k, in a rubbish job, looking to get out. Now i'm working as an accountant.

What's your point? Are you jealous as well? I mean I know it's hard to understand that people can do many things within a year when your braindead, but believe me, some people just have it!

I am happy you went to the effort of looking through my previous posts though!

SEEN ANY UFO'S LATELY:hihi:

Sarcasm is obviously lost on you :(

LINUS ....? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

BUY BUY

Looking to move into this field, so I am wanting to do an apprenticeship, I understand I will take a rather large paycut for the duration of the apprenticeship but I think it's time to do what I want to do!

I've tried apprenticeships.org.uk, but they have very few vacancies in this field, and they are mostly for 16-18 year olds, i'm 24, 25 in July.

I'd like to work as a trainee, rather than going to college most of the time, but i'm up for anything!

Anyone got any contacts, or perhaps companies they have used for apprenticeships before?

Any help appreciated!

LINUS ....? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

BUY BUY

Looking to move into this field, so I am wanting to do an apprenticeship, I understand I will take a rather large paycut for the duration of the apprenticeship but I think it's time to do what I want to do!

I've tried apprenticeships.org.uk, but they have very few vacancies in this field, and they are mostly for 16-18 year olds, i'm 24, 25 in July.

I'd like to work as a trainee, rather than going to college most of the time, but i'm up for anything!

Anyone got any contacts, or perhaps companies they have used for apprenticeships before?

Any help appreciated!

Yes, we've already established last year I was looking for an apprenticeship, what's your point? It's bye, not buy buy, at least attempt to not come across as thick as your friend.

I don't understand the point here? If you people assume no one gets anywhere in an entire year, you probably need to take a look at your own lives and work out what's going wrong.

It's entertaining me at least!

Oh and just so you two know, i'm still looking for an apprenticeship, and i'm still willing to take a pay cut!

Working as an accountant, performing so well within 12 months, that the company you work for makes loads of money mainly due to YOUR performance? Do they not have real trained accountants? You should set up your own business mate. Don't waste your life carrying all these rich fools!

Btw welders wages have dropped considerably, you may want to stop looking for an apprenticeship and stay where you are