Did anyone else not get to sleep last night?

Last night I stayed in the (second) worst Motel in the World!

Noisy air conditioner (next doors! - ours was off)

Lorries revving in the parking lot until about 2am

Two 'wrong number' phone calls in the middle of the night

No microwave, no fridge not even a bloody coffee pot!

I got about an hour's sleep.

Maybe it was me sending you lot vibes to keep you awake :hihi:

apparently, the sun has this week released its biggest clutch of solar flares for over 4 years. Last time this happened, power and telecoms were knocked out across the usa. Because of this reports say northern england may be able to see the northern lights. Here's hoping for some clear skies.

Perhaps our minds are also responsive to the electromagnetism in these flares and thats what woke people up. I dunno, I'm no expert

QUOTE FROM RAF WEBSITE

"We would like to inform everyone that there have been many blackouts all over the country in the early hours of this morning; Causing house alarms and car alarms to set off for no reason, We have also recieved comments from people stating how they have been woken up at 1am and cannot get back to sleep until around 4am. We would just like to make a statement confirming that we did chase a UFO that eventually crashed around 3:30am, We still are not sure if these are connected but there is a very big possibility that they are. More details to follow soon"

:loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::hihi::hihi:

I came back on this thread to see if anyone had posted about the 'Northern Lights'. When I heard about it on the news this morning, I thought about this post re the lights/blackouts etc lol. I'm so sad, I know.

I do hope we can manage to catch a glimpse though!

me and my partner went to bed at 12 o'clock (after shameless) last night.at 2 o'clock we woke up and couldn't get back to sleep till about 4am.i spoke to some friends on fb this morning and they had all woke up at the same time.i find this a bit weird cos i haven't seen these friends for 20 years.:huh:

I have a night mare sleeping as it is but last nyt was studying on the bed the next minute i was mixing plaster and plastering the 2nd bedroom got it all done this morning around 6am now im wide awake

Channel 4 + 1 maybe?

:suspect: shameless finished at 11, not 12, didn't it? Or do i get my TV an hour earlier than everyone else :)

It's to do with the solar flares (as someone pointed out, the BBC reported on these), they disturbed magnetic and electric fields. Some people are more affected by that than others. I slept straight through, but then that is what I always do.

Nothing to do with the solar flares I'm afraid - the coronal mass ejection from the large solar flare did not hit the Earth until last night, and even then its effect was fairly small.

It wouldn't have caused anyone a bad night's sleep anyway. Electrical and magnetic fields on this scale have no discernible effect on the human body.