Upperthorpe School

I didn't go but some of my friends did. Ian Harrington, Tony Guest, Vicki Mcsloy. Mid 60's.

Tony guest and ian Harrington haven't heard there names for many years

Loke to contact Roger and Ian Preston, Hemmings family that lived on Langsett Road. All who went to Upperthorpe in the mid to late 50's.

born and lived in 51 portland street. b1951 went to upperthorpe remember miss midgeley and cawsey in the senior school although i never went there.

---------- Post added 15-06-2014 at 22:14 ----------

stephen wilks, jeff & john stevenson, anne howarth ,Catherine Hoole, Ann Moody, Michayl Spencer, etc some names I remember from Upperthorpe

I attended Upperthorpe school until leaving sometime around 1960 aged 9. Hated the school. Teachers suggested I attend special classed for the "slow" children. Went on to become recognised at my profession. Would love to hear from others and share memories. There was a Stephen and an Emmanuel in the class.

hello left upperthorpe summer of 1958 aged 15,happy memories , great days :)

Hi roydale, If you`re the one I think you are then it`s good to know you`re still around. I didn`t go to Upperthorpe but I knew a few people who did. We met at the Oxford so I`ll just leave you to wonder!!!

hello, got it in one , i know you , i bet your name begins with a V ?, a lovely lady , from times past , im ' glad your still ok ,and its great to hear from you , many fond memories , from R.D.

hello, got it in one , i know you , i bet your name begins with a V ?, a lovely lady , from times past , im ' glad your still ok ,and its great to hear from you , many fond memories , from R.D.

Well glad to know you haven`t got the old Alz disease then. I`ve seen your name mentioned on the `Meadow St` thread so welcome to the Forum as a member. Hope you`re keeping well. Vee

Anyone go to Upperthorpe 1950's to 1960's ??

I did until 1958.

I went to a school nearby (Philadelphia) but went to Upperthorpe for domestic science lessons. We called it `cookery` back then and the first ever lesson was how to wash handkerchieves -`ugh` and how to clean and polish shoes. The teacher was called Miss Gumpert. Does anyone remember her?

Hi, i remember Gary Hemmings, was in the same class as me, he was friends with John Towler i think.

Jimfer.

Aberdeen

I went to upperthorpe school 1953/57remember Mr Inman