Upperthorpe School

I went to Upperthorpe infants started there in 1961 I would guess.

Does anyone remember CoCo the clown coming to see us all there? - I was scared half to death of him and his big feet lol.

I lived on Woollen Lane then, we moved in 1963 as they were going to demolish the houses and build the Kelvin flats

Some of my friends in the late 50's went to Upperthorpe not been in toutch with them since. Ian & Roger Preston and the Hemmings bros Gary ,Stuart and Paul they also had 2 sisters that were younger (they lived on Langsett Road just below the traffic lights at Wood Street).

I have a copy of the register showing the enrollment of new infants starting in Sept. 1947. If anyone thinks they are on the list and would like a copy of their entry, send a p.m. to me and I'll forward a scan.

Hi. I do believe my friends husbands name is on the list you have and she would like to surprise him with a copy for his birthday. Unfortunately, I don't know what you mean by send a "pm". If you could possibly enlighten me I would be very grateful.

Begora

I went to Upperthorpe Junior and Infant School Miss Midgley head of the infants and Mr Charles Cawsey head of the juniors happy days

I also attended Upperthorpe School between 1952 and 1962. I still have an old class photo taken when we were in Mr Worthington's class. Anyone remember him? My name back then was Anne Austin and I was Head Girl in my final year.

I went to Upperthorpe school. Left in 1962 at 15

They said if you didn't pass your 11 plus you would never get anywhere.

Wrong!

I am a managing director of an uk company and president of an American company.

Not bad eh for a kid who would never make it.

I went to Upperthorpe school. Left in 1962 at 15

They said if you didn't pass your 11 plus you would never get anywhere.

Wrong!

I am a managing director of an uk company and president of an American company.

Not bad eh for a kid who would never make it.

Hi you would have been in the same year as one of my sisters who left at Easter 62

I went to upperthorpe in the 60si lived at the bottom of Fulton road opp Fulton pub a few names I remember are Raymond dams , tony consatino,excuse spelling, Avis trigg Robert jubb,William rystogi,I remember swimming in the galas at upperthorpe baths good grief those days seem so far away a few other names come to light are Barbara rastrick,jimmy ridge,Martin Hamilton ,

I also attended Upperthorpe School between 1952 and 1962. I still have an old class photo taken when we were in Mr Worthington's class. Anyone remember him? My name back then was Anne Austin and I was Head Girl in my final year.

I was in Mr Worthingtons class, my name was Margaret Ironside .

---------- Post added 24-04-2014 at 15:25 ----------

would love to hear from some of my "class mates", I started in the infants in 1952 and moved up to the senior school when Mr Causey was head teacher, remember well the fun we had trying to get up the hill to school in the snow and particularly remember the 2sludgy hill" I lived on Shipton Street.

I was in Mr Worthingtons class, my name was Margaret Ironside .

---------- Post added 24-04-2014 at 15:25 ----------

would love to hear from some of my "class mates", I started in the infants in 1952 and moved up to the senior school when Mr Causey was head teacher, remember well the fun we had trying to get up the hill to school in the snow and particularly remember the 2sludgy hill" I lived on Shipton Street.

Yes Margaret, I do remember you very well. How lovely to hear from you. I still have the old school photo taken in Mr Worthington's class. We looked a right motley crew didn't we? Would love to hear if you are still in touch with anyone else. Regards, Anne

I went to Upperthorpe school, my first school when I was 5 in 1954, I was there until about 1957.

We lived at 9 Jenkinson Street.

Yes Margaret, I do remember you very well. How lovely to hear from you. I still have the old school photo taken in Mr Worthington's class. We looked a right motley crew didn't we? Would love to hear if you are still in touch with anyone else. Regards, Anne

Anne, what was your second name,? it's lovely to be in contact with someone from our school day's. I am not in touch with anyone else yet but hope to from this, do you have contact with anyone else ? I can't remember the school photo but would love to se it.I still have my leaving book and still look at it sometimes. Happy day's ..

Regards Margaret.

Hi Margaret

My name back then was Anne Austin. I have a class photo from when we were in Mr Worthington's class. I can still point you out! I have not heard or seen anyone from school but would really love to be able to meet up with some of our class-mates.

If you email me at annemiddleton47@hotmail.com then I will have your email address and can scan the old photo for you.

Regards, Anne