Conveyancing solicitors

I've just had a offer accepted on a property and a need a conveyancing solicitor.Any recommendations?

Im on my second go with a firm called Fridays - they arent local but I have had no problems. Just be aware all quotes are basic and it never ends up as cheap as they say. Most banks require the HIP pack to be less than six months old so you end up paying for that again, plus they never quote for leasehold which like nearly all sheff homes are.

Edited by Smack Jack

Tofield, Swan and Smythe did mine (a few years ago now mind). They're in Sheffield behind the Cathedral. They were very good

just had a quote off nick at norrie waite and slater, £756 .£400 cheaper than agents quote and the only guy that would put it in writing and seemed keen....his words were, the sooner we get you the keys the sooner we get paid.........how true

Im on my second go with a firm called Fridays - they arent local but I have had no problems. Just be aware all quotes are basic and it never ends up as cheap as they say. Most banks require the HIP pack to be less than six months old so you end up paying for that again, plus they never quote for leasehold which like nearly all sheff homes are.

Best way to quote fees is to give breakdown then a total. Unknowns (e.g. search fees, SDLT, land registration fee) can at least be identified. For a quotation, try jss@netheredgelaw.co.uk.

We found coates at mosbrough cheapest. also found then quite promt.

I'm using Parker Bird Gardner (based in Huddersfield) for my sale and purchase. Great price and prompt service. Ask for Ross (head of conveyancing).

We were more than pleased with Neil Riley at Taylor & Emmett

get in touch with a guy called John Green at bell and buxton, hes brilliant at what he does and very very reasonably priced.

I have a friend doing HIPs... or he was doing HIPs till they still existed. As far as I understand you only need the EPC (Energy performance certificate) nowadays which used to be included in HIP in the past. I would suggest to give him a ring regarding this so that you own't end up paying something unnecessary. And if you need HIP or EPC you will surely get a good price with great service too. His name is John Furniss, 07837822820. And he won't tell you something that ius not right just for getting the money out of you. Just mention that you heard from Janita and he will know.

Beware buying with Reeds Rains :(

I've had some bad dealings with their Chesterfield office, I wanted to arrange a viewing on 2 properties, they couldn't arrang it for 3 weeks! They were also really rude on the phone and didn't return my calls.