What did Barry's Pub on London Road used to be called?

does anyone know the name of the pub on london road before it was called barry's, weve had a few suggestions but still not sure. thanks

we thought it was that but had so many other names, crown..tramways..landsdown, just wasnt too sure..thank you

You're welcome. I was gonna say Tramway actually, but you're fortunate that I had Sheffield's oldest alcoholic sitting across from me, so I asked him. He told me that Tramway's further along, still there, but closed.:hihi:

You're welcome. I was gonna say Tramway actually, but you're fortunate that I had Sheffield's oldest alcoholic sitting across from me, so I asked him. He told me that Tramway's further along, still there, but closed.:hihi:

Yep and the Landsdown was knocked down about 20 years ago (is where Waitrose filling station is).

hahaha, we had quite a few saying tramways, but i remember that being on the corner, pokey little hole as i remember it. the pheasant always used to "smell" of something so didn't go in all that much, hence the reason i couldn't remember what it was called....

hahaha, we had quite a few saying tramways, but i remember that being on the corner, pokey little hole as i remember it. the pheasant always used to "smell" of something so didn't go in all that much, hence the reason i couldn't remember what it was called....

Smells quite a bit worse now, mainly due to the "kind of people" it attracts.

Barry's intrigues me. Is the food good? What's the atmosphere like? Do they serve food all day?

The Pheasant.

I was dj there for about 2 yrs back in 97 ! many great memories there and long aftebird sessions !! called in not so long back with my partner and had a quick reminisce on how it used to be !! dont know if could do it again though times have changed !! i remember london rd being the place to be but seems a very tumbleweed street now !!

Quite surprised to learn that Darth Vader is sat across from me to be honest.

:hihi:

He's the most miserable man I've ever had the misfortune to come across!

He's the most miserable man I've ever had the misfortune to come across!

Who me? :o Watch it! :hihi: