Rastamouse five times more likely to be stopped & searched than Fingermouse

I'm sorry but I think it is yet again dumbing down childrens TV, many parents use Tv as a babysitter, while they do other things (gggrrr) childrens speech is going to suffer. He is cute though!

Having been brought up on a diet of Flowerpot Men + Sooty and Sweep, all I can say is flobbadob and weeeeeed, unless I am whispering into a blokes ear behind my hand.

Having been brought up on a diet of Flowerpot Men + Sooty and Sweep, all I can say is flobbadob and weeeeeed, unless I am whispering into a blokes ear behind my hand.

Oh dear! Blown my cover I think - I meant cheese!

You're lucky. My diet was the Soup Dragons.:hihi:

What is wrong with children imitating accents? Our lot get to choose the accents of all of the characters in their stories and it's really not an issue.

Last week the Gruffalo was Scottish, the fox was from Chorley, the owl was French, the snake was Italian and the mouse was Welsh- the children joined in with all of the voices and all of the accents. Understanding that different people talk in different ways is all part of growing up, isn't it?

EDIT- and a lot of their family are from the Caribbean, so they don't see Rastamouse's accent as any sort of novelty anyway.

About 15 years ago, the moral minority (you know, the ones that read The Daily Mail) were horrified that the Teletubbies were making our kids speak like they had serious learning difficulties.

And more recently, the same moral minority reckoned that the Cbeebies female presenter (and recognised TV and theatrical actress) Cerrie, was scaring kids due the fact she was born NOT ENTIRELY WHOLE and (gasp!) had a lower arm missing.

So effin what?

Kids revel in diversity, accents, slaptstick, cartoons...they don't even question why a mouse speaks in Jamaican patois, to them it's all good. They don't look at a disabled kid on "Something Special" on CBeebies and feel "uncomfortable". (Mr Tumble is now officially HUGE and where else do kids learn sign language for fun?)

It's the "adults" that find things like so terribly wrong and quite frankly, it's a small minded, right wing, not in my back yard bunch of Home Counties, Cameron adoring, twin set and pearls sporting, bring back hunting chinless wonders whose own kids are all grown up and doing very well in the City now, thanks very much.

And the nanny would never let their children watch CBeebies anyway; it's common.

So let them moan and let our kids enjoy diversity, difference and cartoon mice!!!

Edited by uncle.albert
typo-was choking on my Werthers in indignation...

...Last week the Gruffalo was Scottish, the fox was from Chorley, the owl was French, the snake was Italian and the mouse was Welsh....

Perhaps the snake should've been Irish.

That would've confused everybody. :hihi:

About 15 years ago, the moral minority (you know, the ones that read The Daily Mail) were horrified that the Teletubbies were making our kids speak like they had serious learning difficulties.

And more recently, the same moral minority reckoned that the Cbeebies female presenter (and recognised TV and theatrical actress) Cerrie, was scaring kids due the fact she was born NOT ENTIRELY WHOLE and (gasp!) had a lower arm missing.

So effin what?

Kids revel in diversity, accents, slaptstick, cartoons...they don't even question why a mouse speaks in Jamaican patois, to them it's all good. They don't look at a disabled kid on "Something Special" on CBeebies and feel "uncomfortable". (Mr Tumble is now officially HUGE and where else do kids learn sign language for fun?)

It's the "adults" that find things like so terribly wrong and quite frankly, it's a small minded, right wing, not in my back yard bunch of Home Counties, Cameron adoring, twin set and pearls sporting, bring back hunting chinless wonders whose own kids are all grown up and doing very well in the City now, thanks very much.

And the nappy would never let their children watch CBeebies anyway; it's common.

So let them moan and let our kids enjoy diversity, difference and cartoon mice!!!

Hey, great post uncle.albert - brilliantly put.

Hey, great post uncle.albert - brilliantly put.

Here Here!

Perhaps the snake should've been Irish.

That would've confused everybody. :hihi:

There aren't any snakes in Ireland.

So effin what?

And the nanny would never let their children watch CBeebies anyway; it's common.

Hurrah!

Great post.

So effin what?

You should post more often :thumbsup:

Slightly OT but Simon Weston said the response of his nephews cheered him immensely when he returned from the burns ward. What is freakish and appalling to small-minded adults is accepted innocently by children.