Earlier weddings.. please help! Dunno where to begin

Hi all

If I want to wed this summer, no a Fri or Sat, we are looking at an early wedding, latest being 11am.

Therefore it will be too early to go straight into an evening reception, can I( ask how people fill the gap?

Say I wed at 10.30 or 11, after the ceremony, photos and travel to venue, maybe be looking at midday onwards for reception for the wedding guests, then adding on evening guests at about 6 or 7 (is that about right?!). For the evening I would want disco, bar, buffet. But what about in between? How can I provide a reception for those few hours- I know in the Stars & Mayfair package they do an early reception n buffet, then move to a bigger room for the evening, with DJ, more buffet, another bar etc.

Anywhere else do similar?

Help! Argh! Who knew it would be so hard! ;)

I wanted one but if it's this year, the mont/s day/s I want it (late July or any Aug fri/Sat), the reg office only have mornings left. I may leave until next yr but I am so impatient!xxxx

I'm not sure, think i'd be tempted to either get lucky and find an afternoon slot this year or wait another year. Dont think i'd like to be wed at 10.30am, it is quite early but that just depends on what you want from the day. It could end up a long, drawn out day for many guests. x

We are having a 1130 wedding.

This is our provisional schedule

1130 wedding for 30 guests (close family and friends only)

11-230ish- photos outside town hall, peace gardens etc

1300- guests move to reception venue

1330- 50 additional day reception guests arrive

1400-1600- hog roast, speeches etc

1600- "evening" guests arrive, everyone outside for ice-cream, music, outdoor games (hiring a bouncy castle etc), photos etc

1930- DJ

2000- evening finger buffet (which we are making ourselves!)

Your wedding sounds awesome, congrats! I wish I could afford all the parts but unfortunately I can't... have narrowed downs dates for this year (or next year), now to find something to suit for the gap between wedding and reception (although if I do get Bradfield Hall it will only be about 5 hrs wait instead of about 7!! Haha... )... still thiking either an all day reception or pub in between times for food for those who wish to. x

Dont forget you will need time to have hair and makeup ect done on the day,you dont want to be rushed on your big day you should be able to go at a pace that lets you enjoy every bit of it because hopefully you only doing it once and you need to remember it,best wishes

Clare

Have you thought about September? It's still warm then and there may be later slots available.

Hi CR (again... god how many posts did I start!).. I had looked into Sept, theres a few Fri PM slots, only thing is, I am back at uni, LO at school, and his parents want go to away for 2 wks when the kids are back in school. His Bro got married mid Sept last yr, cracking day it was too, weather was lovely! x

How about a private cinema screening or something similar to fill the gap?

How about a private cinema screening or something similar to fill the gap?

that is such a good idea!