Sick of Sheffield

If it's never reported then the police have no chance do they.

If it was reported, even if the vehicle was stolen it might help to solve that crime. If a spate of incidences are reported then it might let the police monitor the area and catch someone in the act.

Maybe it would all come to naught, but if it's not reported, it's 100% guaranteed that they won't be caught isn't it!

Like i said I agree that it should be reported but my question is Do you genuinely believe that it will help prevent it from happening to somebody else?

And the answer is "I believe that there is a chance that it will prevent it happening to someone else".

We rarely get guarantees in life.

Like i said I agree that it should be reported but my question is Do you genuinely believe that it will help prevent it from happening to somebody else?

It may lead to the arrest and imprisonment of those who committed this robbery.

In this case I think there would be an excellent chance of the thieves being caught.

I've been agoraphobic for awhile, I rarely go out.

When I do go out, the world seems to be far worse than the last time I went out, and going out is rarely a pleasant experience.

But today I made the effort and went out.

I was robbed for £190, I had to face my wife and tell her that we have no money for food.

Before people start saying, did you report it, no I didn't, a crime number won't feed my children.

Instead I have spent my time trying to recoup/borrow/beg for enough to get us by until we get paid again.

Why people feel the need to steal rather than getting a proper job is beyond me, if they were that desperate I would have halved our food money with them.

Instead they had to take it all.

I've lost all interest with the outside world and Sheffield in particular, it will never get any better, there are just too many cretins about.

Have you been in contact with the police yet ?

If you are reluctant to contact the police phone the bank. Probably the incident will be on film and they can take it from there. Your details will be available from your transaction.

Edited by harvey19

Even if you feel like going to the police will not benefit you, I would still report it. If it happened at the cashpoint itself, aren't they all covered by CCTV? This may have happened to other people too, they may be able to link evidence from other incidents and hopefully catch the perpetrators.

Would it make you personally feel any better if you could learn some self-defence techniques? It might build your confidence for if the worst should happen.

I never carry cash anymore, when my OH used to get paid in cash, it made me nervous carrying £200+ in cash, I always felt better when I had deposited in in the bank at Meadowhall.

I don't remember mentioning any atm machine?

Halibut tut tut......we forgive you.

I haven't reported it, even if they did catch them and take them to court, they would then have access to my personal details (name/address et).

I'm not going to hand someone that has already stolen from me my name and address.

In answer to the earlier posts, I'm not letting the toerags get me down, I met my mum in town today and borrowed some money off her to get us by, stuck around town for abit until I had an appointment, was nice to feel hail, it's surprising how much I have been missing.

Castle college has changed dramatically, looks nice, couldn't find virgin megastore, it's not at the top of fargate anymore. :(

Edited by Digsy

I haven't reported it, and I'm not going to neither, even if they did catch them and take them to court, they would then have access to my personal details (name/address et).

I'm not going to hand someone that has already stolen from me my name and address.

To be honest I have a lot less sympathy for you after that. It's extremely selfish of you.

To be honest I have a lot less sympathy for you after that. It's extremely selfish of you.

A few years ago, I had £20 taken, I reported that crime, they caught the kid that did it.

I couldn't bring myself to prosecute anyway because I don't know the kids story, he might have been down on his luck and desperate, giving him a criminal record just damages his chances of getting a job and increases his chances of taking up a life of crime.

I'm guessing that was selfish too, but the way I see it, if the visit from the police etc didn't put this kid off committing crimes again, then nothing will and the next none selfish victim can hang him on their conscience.

Am I selfish for not wanting to hand my details to someone that has already taken from me, if you think so, so be it, I wasn't asking for sympathy or empathy, I was just venting off some steam and using the event as a topic of discussion, whilst trying to understand the actions of people who do steal.

And Technically I have reported it, here, if the police happen to read this thread, consider it reported.

So did you use an atm and had the cash snatched, or you just randomly started counting a wad of notes in the street :huh:

Not doubting your word but just can't follow the sequence of events tbh.

Either way it could have happened anywhere, you can't blame Sheffield for it, scum is everywhere.

Apologies - I think I must have conflated a couple of other posts with your own.

However I'm afraid I do have to agree with the poster who called your inaction selfish. It is. Even though you might not think Sheffield or the rest of us who live here are up to much it's really not fair that you pass up on an opportunity to let the police deal with criminals like this.

Your 'consider it reported' in the hope of a passing copper picking it up is frankly utterly lame. It's passing the buck. What if the next robbery involves violence and some old dear gets pushed over and breaks her hip and dies?

Will you be quite so keen to avoid inconveniencing yourself then?

So did you use an atm and had the cash snatched, or you just randomly started counting a wad of notes in the street :huh:

Not doubting your word but just can't follow the sequence of events tbh.

Either way it could have happened anywhere, you can't blame Sheffield for it, scum is everywhere.

I wouldn't say I was randomly counting them, a cash machine was used to get the cash, but I was nowhere near a cash machine when it happened.

I was counting the money because I had a total of £210, I had placed £10 in my zip pocket for some gas, £5 of it for some electric (because we didn't need anymore on it), and the other £5 was for my eldest to get to school, I started counting the food money.

Why did I have that much on me, well my wife gave me a wad of cash and said "get some gas, electric, and whatever food you can carry home we need some shopping", my intention was to get the shopping done today and not yesterday, and just to pick up a few bits and bats on my way home from mothers, which is why I was counting it, so I could work out how much I was going to spend on bits and bobs, so I could put it in my zip pockets and put the rest of the food money back in my wallet.

It's an old habit, getting my wallet out when it appears to be a quiet road with nothing but the odd parked car and passing traffic, instead of whipping my wallet out in a shop that could be busy, especially if I'm carrying that much money.

I it's a habit to get my money ready before entering a shop if I'm intending to buy something, nothing random about it, why wave a wallet about in a busy place?

Anymore details anyone would like to nitpick at?

On the up note, although the world is full of thieving scum, there are a few diamonds out there.

Edited by Digsy