Sick of Sheffield

Hi Radomu - you're the guy from Tokyo who's moving to Sheffield, right?

The OP explains further up the thread - he was using a cashpoint machine and somebody snatched the money out of his hands while he was counting it. This kind of crime is fortunately pretty rare here.

Hi Halibut,

That's scary... I should watch out when I'm using those ATM's. Sheffield, thank god, is a pretty safe city based on what I heard.

But you just don't get used to hearing stuff like that happening in Tokyo.

Sorry if I sound bragging, but Japan is ridiculously safe. I should get used to watching out for myself :(

I wouldn't say it was rare at all. Not long before this happend someone was being stabbed in wilkinsons...and theres always fighting goin off in rawson.

That's an absolutely ridiculous gross exaggeration.

I was on my way to my mum's who lives up Hillsborough, not seen her for awhile.

You were going to visit your mum, but took out your entire families budget from an ATM in Hillsborough on the way?

Why?

learn some self defence,kick boxing,boxing,what ever you fancy,helps confidence..

Looks like I'm not the only one too, just dug this old post up.

Same scenario, I was counting my money when someone came from behind at speed, snatched the money and ran off ahead, I tried to chase him but I can't run far without losing breath.

A white sports car pulled up further up the road (could have sword I walked past the car whilst counting my money) and the thief jumped in and off it went with my money in it.

It all happened so fast, the whole event happened in less than 3 minutes.

I just stood there feeling numb before deciding to head for home.

This crime can be detected quite easily and with you being a vulnerable person I am sure the police will pursue it with utmost vigour.

The crime can be timed from the banks records when you withdrew the money.

The white sports car will have been recorded on cameras in the area.

The registration number of the car will lead the police to the owner of the car and as a result the robbers.

Contact the police immediately and they will attend at your home.

I understand the police scan this forum for interesting threads.

I don’t know what i can say to you, it must be horrible to get mugged and then when you try to vent off people start having digs and negatively questioning you about it!

Just a shame nobody was able to help you was it happened!

This kind of thing is not an isolated event and not just confined to Sheffield.

That said i do share your distain for Sheffield and I cannot wait to get my family out of here!

It must be a horrible situation but it is entirely selfish not to report this to the police. If there's a chance it could stop it happening to someone else, of course you should report it.

It must be a horrible situation but it is entirely selfish not to report this to the police. If there's a chance it could stop it happening to someone else, of course you should report it.

I agree that it should be reported but my question is Do you genuinely believe that it will help prevent it from happening to somebody else?

and that ladies and gents is why you pay by card for such large expenditures.

I agree that it should be reported but my question is Do you genuinely believe that it will help prevent it from happening to somebody else?

It could do. I have, in the past reported crimes and people have been arrested for those crimes.

Of course not all criminals can be caught, but there's much more of a chance if crimes are reported.

Please read my post #29.

Please read my post #29.

This is great assuming that the car was not stolen and the offender(s) face is visible and not some pixelated mess if it is even on camera!