Personal trainer MEGATHREAD

Would you use a personal trainer and how much would you pay?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a personal trainer and how much would you pay?

• Yes - £20-£30
    • Yes - £30 - £35
    • Yes - £35+
    • No

do you do private sessions? for me and the hubby

I might consider the gleadless sessions... Im not a great fan of exercise though but sumats gotta give!

I might consider the gleadless sessions... Im not a great fan of exercise though but sumats gotta give!

If you want the weight loss, then these sessions will deliver the goods.

35 pounds lost in 12 weeks, size 16 to a 12 in 8 weeks.

One hour a week - if you can't give that amount of time out of your whole week, then why waste a moment more of your life stressing about your weight?

If your not prepared to take positive steps to solve the problem, then let the problem go and worry about something else

do you do private sessions? for me and the hubby

There are personal training sessions, click the link on the left hand side for 'personal training'

They are more costly, simply because I can get more from running a class. Joining a class will keep your costs down

Yes iv had a look but what would be the cost of 2 of us? Also is it a female/male instructor?

Yes iv had a look but what would be the cost of 2 of us? Also is it a female/male instructor?

There is only me as the Instructor, I'll PM you with the price.

Like I said, I am doing less 1-2-1 training as I can get more from running a class.

Here comes PM

My husband keeps on going on about reducing our carb intake but what else is there t ea instead of bread? Rice pasta that's quick and easy?

The importance of a balance diet can't be stressed enough. Weight loss diets tend to reduce or completely remove one food group from your diet, partly because it makes you eat less overall and partly because by removing one group from your diet it makes your body use more energy to digest everything else.

Low carbohydrate diets work because by removing the carbs from your diet completely your body cannot digest everything else fully and therefore has to use your body's fat stores to digest food. This produces quick weight loss, but you can't live on it long term as it can cause serious organ damage and failure if you do it longer than as a burst.

The aim is not to replace one carbohydrate with another but to reduce your carbohydrate proportion of your diet completely and to replace carbohydrates with other things, like protein, which fills you up and on some diets green veg, which are very low in calories generally and will fill you up without giving you too many calories.

Sugars are also carbohydrates, so you get carbs in all fruit, desserts and everything sweet, as well as in dairy produce (lactose, milk sugar, is a carbohydrate) and standard things like potatoes, rice, pasta and bread.

Proteins are good at helping you feel full and stay feeling full for longer, as well as for hundreds of other purposes in your body.

I recognise that low or no carbohydrate diets work for some people, but I think that the fact that you can't eat fruit and many vegetables on the diet would make life very hard for me as fruit and veg make up the majority of my diet and just stopping eating them would make the constipation caused by the diets a huge amount worse. They're not for me and I'd rather just reduce my overall calorie intake by eating 2 potatoes less and more salad for the rest of my life.

True... Something I really need to look into!

If you want the weight loss, then these sessions will deliver the goods.

35 pounds lost in 12 weeks, size 16 to a 12 in 8 weeks.

One hour a week - if you can't give that amount of time out of your whole week, then why waste a moment more of your life stressing about your weight?

If your not prepared to take positive steps to solve the problem, then let the problem go and worry about something else

I really don't see that one hour a week really could be so beneficial. I may well be very wrong, it just seems unlikely to me. I do a lot more than an hour now, more than that per day in fact. Im obviously doing the wrong thing!

iv got some power plates at home, going to try and use them every day .... hopefully something will work!

I've been thinkin of getting a power plate myself.

I recently bought a 'total core' which you sit on to do sit ups. It supports your neck and back and you can easily do 1000 sit ups and feel hardly any strain. That cost me about £20 from ebay

I really don't see that one hour a week really could be so beneficial. I may well be very wrong, it just seems unlikely to me. I do a lot more than an hour now, more than that per day in fact. Im obviously doing the wrong thing!

If you are doing the right form of training, then one hour will do the job.

If your doing 1000 situps, then you are likely to get a stomach injury. Also, bear in mind situps only work a small section of the stomach, and will not burn the fat around the belly button or beneath that area.

YOu need other excercises for that