Personal trainer MEGATHREAD

Would you use a personal trainer and how much would you pay?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a personal trainer and how much would you pay?

• Yes - £20-£30
    • Yes - £30 - £35
    • Yes - £35+
    • No

A daily diary sounds good!

Maybe a calorie and fat count and what exercise we have done, save it all in a computer document

yesterday for example i had porridge for breakfast, walked the dog for 5 hours, Norton to town then endcliffe, back again and a walk round graves park then home! And a jacket potato with tuna for tea.

I think my downfall may well be coffee. I have to start using sweetner instead of sugar x

Good job I don't drink tea/alcohol lol. I like the occasional glass of milk/ hot chocolate! had a slice of brown toast this morning with marg/a little cheese! And a hot cupno milk .... Going to have fish with Sweetcorn now it's almost 3. My eating times are really messed up! However I have a 1.5 hour walk to look forward to tonight!

I'm not sure that upsetting or bullying people into losing weight is such a good plan actually- you can get the same result by supporting and using motivational stuff without having to play the guilt card with people. Wouldn't it be better to do all the hard work with a smile on your face rather than feeling guilty that you're underperforming?

I'm not advocating myself as the right person though- I'm in the same boat as you with losing weight although I've got a hell of a lot more than you to lose. I've lost my first 10kg and will continue, probably for at least a couple of years, to just target living healthily and tipping the balance into losing weight rather than gaining it.

I'm sorry I dont intend to upset anyone .... Yeah a smile would be great but its such hard work to not feel disheartend. May I ask what have you been doing to shed the pounds?

I refuse to 'go on a diet' because I know that I will struggle with guilt if I do that and make my weight loss official, so my plan is simple:

1) Eat everything as normal, but just reduce the calorie content of each meal by a bit by reducing the amount of carbs and protein by putting less of them on my plate and increasing the amount of vegetables or salad which goes alongside them to compensate. So last night instead of eating half a pizza and half a garlic bread for tea I had 2 slices of pizza, 2 slices of garlic bread and a small mountain of green salad dressed in balsamic vinegar. I reckon that I'm reducing my calorie content of a main meal by 100-150 calories every day, but I'm not stopping eating what I want, just eating smaller portions of it.

2) Cutting down on unhealthy snacks and replacing them with fruit and dried fruit.

3) Making sure that all of my drinks through the day are calorie free apart from the odd serving of fruit juice (easy if you drink your tea black with no sugar like I do).

4) New house rule is that I can't buy cake. If I want cake then I have to bake it, meaning that if I can't be bothered to bake it then I don't want it enough and if I do want it then there's a minimum of half an hour between deciding I want the cake and actually getting it.

5) Burning between 600 and 1000 calories a day in the gym. My disabilities make it very hard to do most gym things and I struggle to walk when I'm out because my balance is shot and I've got sciatica which makes me stumble a lot (and sprained ankles get very tiresome!) but in the safety of the gym with a smooth surface and a rail to hold onto I can walk very slowly up a really big incline on the treadmill and I can use the recumbent bike pretty well too.

So all in all I'm just changing the balance a little- a bit less going in and a bit more burning off. I know that it's a life change rather than a temporary thing, but I'm fine with that and I just say to myself as I leave the gym 'well, that's another cake paid for' :)

If you want weight loss - and you are prepared to put one hour each week of effort, click the link in the signature and you will get fast results.

It will require some effort on your part (once each week).

You can either diet and panic about the problem, and go on a never ending merry go round of diets........or........you can spend one hour each week and solve your problem, diets not required for this option - just sensible and varied eating habits

If this does not appeal, try moving a little more and eating a little less

Thanks for the excellent piece of advice! I'm sure lots of us can benefit from sone of the things there ...

Can anyone share any health quick recipied with us?

My husband keeps on going on about reducing our carb intake but what else is there t ea instead of bread? Rice pasta that's quick and easy?

If you want weight loss - and you are prepared to put one hour each week of effort, click the link in the signature and you will get fast results.

It will require some effort on your part (once each week).

You can either diet and panic about the problem, and go on a never ending merry go round of diets........or........you can spend one hour each week and solve your problem, diets not required for this option - just sensible and varied eating habits

If this does not appeal, try moving a little more and eating a little less

are there any sessions around the sheffield 4 area?

are there any sessions around the sheffield 4 area?

All the sessions are on the Website.

I'm assuming Sheff 4 is Burngreave? the closest would either be Gleadless or High Green

yeah pitsmoor/burngreave ...