Personal trainer MEGATHREAD

Would you use a personal trainer and how much would you pay?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a personal trainer and how much would you pay?

• Yes - £20-£30
    • Yes - £30 - £35
    • Yes - £35+
    • No

Hi there,:confused:

I am wanting someone who could help us upset people! along the way to shed some pounds and keep fit and healthy.... abit like a personal trainer, someone we could talk to, and someone who could advise us along the way etc.

I myself am wanting to loose about 2 stones ... its not much, however need the motivation ..... I don't think i eat much, but just at the wrong times! i find it challenging cooking healthy meals as i don't have a variety of recipies! there's only so many times one can have grilled chicken/fish/vegetables! If anyone has got a healthy monthly/weekly plan it would be nice to share!

I'm planning to start on thursday! Anyone with me?

I don't mind paying a little to someone to help/advise us ... but would be nice if someone can do a good deed for free!

Good luck to us all .... Please help us smile again!:(

Pm me if you want realistic results.

I really don't see that one hour a week really could be so beneficial. I may well be very wrong, it just seems unlikely to me. I do a lot more than an hour now, more than that per day in fact. Im obviously doing the wrong thing!

Because he/she is a money making machine.

Some say that sit-ups don't work .... ?? What does bloody work!?

Sit-ups alone will have very little effect, if you were to combine sit-ups with around 10 other different types of stomach exercises then that would be a step in the right direction.

You would then use each exercise to target a different area of the tummy, and so you would have to be able to isolate that area.

You would then need to do exercises that burn the fat/cardio training, a good example of this would be shuttle running, this can be done on a football field using the markings on the pitch, and would take no more than about 4 minutes.

The stomach work would target the top area of the tummy (the abs) and also the sides, you then need to work the area under the tummy and that is where the shuttle runs come in. This would also tone the legs, give you a nice pert bottom and improve your overall fitness. It could hammer your knees, but all exercises do come with a risk

Edited by Shef_Fitness

I would like a personal trainer who will travel to me in S26 Wales, can anyone recommend anyone for training?

Thanks

Hello my neice would like to become a Personal Trainer, she would like to do one of the short courses to get a certificate in it initially so that she can start training people immediately.

Do you know of any courses? We have searched the internet but they all look like money makers!

Any advice would be appreciated.:)

Hi naynay1. Unfortunately all of the companies providing this service are out there to make money. However that doesn't necessarily mean they're bad.

I used a company called Discovery Learning http://www.discovery.uk.com. The course included the Level 2 Gym Instructor module (which you need to do) before the Level 3 Personal Trainer module. Altogether it took 6 weeks and it was based down in Heston, West London (Although they do have other venues).

With that course it includes loads of other modules such as Spinning, Circuit Training, Childhood Obesity, Postural Correction, SMR and PNF. and plenty more.

Yeah it's expensive (£2500) but it will change her life. I was in Architecture for nearly 10 years before giving it all up to become a PT. And I love it. The only thing is it's obviously not guaranteed money.

If your Niece has a few questions tell her to feel free to get in touch. Friendly advise should always be free and it always helps to know other people in the business.

It's cliched but there's enough money out there for all of us. So it helps if we work together to create a network of Fitness Professionals.

Rob

Be very careful of these courses, they cost £1000s and may not prepare you for the fitness industry.

During my time working in gyms running classes, the amount of people who had these qualifications (at great expense) lasted less than a month when put in front of a group of people, because the reality of running a class is different to having a laugh with your class mates on a course.

Personal Training - careful of this one, you could be expected to pay up to £700 a month (even more if the gym decides to up your rent fees) to operate inside a gym.

With gyms seemilngly going the way of the 'pure gym' model (which I understand is fantastic value and very good), the need for gym staff is becoming less and less.

If I were you, I would go for the most basic excercise qualification going at the cheapest price, try to get into a gym running something like a circuit class. Learn about coaching people (motivation, timings, looking for dangers - wet floors etc) and gain experience that way.

Once you are confident coaching a group, it is likely one or two members of the group may ask for personal training - if they like you and what you do.

Thats a good way of getting in.

Just beware of courses that make it appear to be 'easy money', it certainly isn't and many newly qualified trainers will be lucky to last a month.

Edited by Shef_Fitness

Hello my neice would like to become a Personal Trainer, she would like to do one of the short courses to get a certificate in it initially so that she can start training people immediately.

Do you know of any courses? We have searched the internet but they all look like money makers!

Any advice would be appreciated.:)

Hello,

We are starting to run fitness instructor courses in Sheffield and may be able to help as a starting point. More than happy to discuss with your niece to give more info on the courses and the industry. My website is http://www.revitalizefitness.co.uk and my contact details are on there.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Aimee xx

Hi Kate,

Have you managed to find a personal trainer yet? Aimee

Looking for some advice on protein shakes

Need more information. What are you doing in regard to your exercise regime.

More information needed!

Looking for some advice on protein shakes

Yes they will make the manufacturers loads of money :hihi:

Stay clear and just eat more meat especially chicken, eggs and fish