Htc or nokia, which to choose

I have sorted my Galaxy's battery problem, I have had a rubbish signal since I got it so I had another look through the settings and noticed the network mode was set to auto mode which was causing it to constantly try to connect to 3g using WCDMA thus making the amplifier eat up all the power trying to get a signal.

All I did was switch it too GSM only and my battery life is sorted and my internet connection brilliant, got all four bars of the signal meter almost permanently lit up whereas before I was lucky to get one.

You do realise that you've just cut your mobile net speed down by half? You are saving power, but you're trading that for slower browsing speeds.

You do realise that you've just cut your mobile net speed down by half? You are saving power, but you're trading that for slower browsing speeds.

I thought that when I first changed mine to GSM only, but it seems that not only does it completely fix the signal issues and save power, but your internet speed is still really fast a lot of the time. I can still receive an EDGE connection sometimes. It's a huge improvement for me; when I had it set to WCDMA preferred, my phone was practically useless - it was slow, buggy, unable to receive a signal 70% of the time, devoured battery life... I'm much happier with it now.

The only thing I have noticed since switching to GSM only mode is an increase in site access times and a huge increase in speed, things like Android Market and social networking sites are almost instantaneous.

I can now take my phone off charge in the morning and go all day and through the next night with the phone and that's with moderate use whereas before I couldn't even bank on the alarm waking me up through just 8 hours with no use.

When I first got my Hero, I could never get a H or 3G signal. Browsing was cack. It was set to GSM only. (I thought CDMA was for American networks!) I phoned Vodaphone, who told me to try setting it to the dual band mode. Instantly, I got a H signal, and it was like having a new phone!!

Try Green power or Juice Defender if you want to save some power, especially at night. My Hero would die within 12 hours. Using Green Power, I can go 24, 26 hours now.

Not at all, I'm recommending a phone that is cheaper & has better features. A better value phone.

There isn't really anything the Wildfire has that the San Francisco doesn't.

OK not everybody might want the extra features, but why pay more to not have them?

I haven't been arguing about the Wildfire vs San Francisco - just drawing attention to the fact that different people have different priorities and will make different compromises.

I bought my Wildfire shortly after they came out and it was a choice between that and the Desire. The reports of the Desire's poor battery life and the fact that is bigger were a more of a downside for me than the Wildfire's low res screen and other limitations.

If I was buying a phone now, I'd be looking at the SF and trying to find out if the battery life was good enough. I'd recommend anyone looking for a smart phone in circumstances similar to mine to do the same. I didn't recommend it in this case as the OP asked for opinions on Wildfire vs e72. That lead me to think they were on a contract and could choose between the two. A free Wildfire vs £100 for a SF is a very different choice to >£200 for a Wildfire vs £100 for a SF.

I posted after this post of yours saying that my data speeds seem to have increased but since that post I have done some testing and any graphic intensive sites are causing timeouts so I'm going back to WCDMA and GSM shared, I'll have to find a better way of saving battery power.

i have been offered a x10 for my e72, my phone plus money, anyone got views on it, as it is the size of a desire and much better than a wildfire, thanks

I'm running Darky's Rom 9.2 on my Galaxy S, and I get through all day and into the evening and have 50% when I go to bed.

That's with Bluetooth on all day, occasional Wifi, two email addresses on Push and moderate use.

I'm running Darky's Rom 9.2 on my Galaxy S, and I get through all day and into the evening and have 50% when I go to bed.

That's with Bluetooth on all day, occasional Wifi, two email addresses on Push and moderate use.

mines running the same on the voodoo kernal, i have mine overclocked aswell and i can get well into the evening. wifi on all day. my wifi settings is set to sleep when screen off.

i have been offered a x10 for my e72, my phone plus money, anyone got views on it, as it is the size of a desire and much better than a wildfire, thanks

swap it. far better device. youl need to update the firmware though to get the best out of it to be honest. dont think theres no official update here yet, might be wrong so you may have to root it and upgrade via custom rom method.

easy to do nowadays

i tried and he was a timewaster, but my e72 is fine so far,