Language exchange with kids

Hi, I'm an italian mum with a toddler (he's almost 3) and I'm wondering if anyone with kids could be interested in meeting somewhere where the kids can play and the parents (relatives, baby-sitters...) can practice their favourite languages.

My little one can speak italian and english, I'd like to practice russian and spanish too.

Hi I am a Scottish mum married to an Italian with two kiddies (2 years and 9 Months). I am just about to move to the area and would be keen to meet other Italian speaking children in the area (doesn't exactly fit your request!)

R

I'm also keen to get my kids hearing and speaking more Italian - sorry to get off the original topic. I know a few Italian mums and have once tried to get us all together on a monthly basis, eg Sunday afternoon, but it fell through. Would you like me to invite you next time I try to organise a get-together?

Lx

-----------------------

Independent Mini IQ Associate

Educational and fun books, toys and games to stimulate your child's development

That would be great, thanks xx

This is not exactly what I was looking for with my post... but I'm interested in this too! I asked a couple of months ago at the Italian Consulate in Manchester about italian playgroups in Sheffield but they told me there is none (they only know about the one in Manchester). If there are enough kids to start one in Sheffield, maybe the Italian Consulate or the Sheffield Multiple Heritage Service (that should support services to children and teenagers of mixed heritage) could support/promote it, I think.

I'm not Italian (German) but have started to learn the language a while back and then due to other commitments shelved the project. I'd love to meet up with my baby and maybe pick a few things up. Mainly because I have found the usual baby groups a little disappointing.

Where and when do you meet?

There is no meeting that I'm aware of, and it seems no one is interested... It sounds strange to me, this city has 2 Universities, I was expecting more contacts.

Anyway this year my son is going every morning to the nursery so if mater or anyone else wants to pm me, we could meet in the afternoon in a park, library...