What would you do with this television?

:help:

I have a 3 year old 32" flat screen Acoustic Solutions TV that turns itself off about 3 times a day and sometimes doesnt turn on when you press the button to come off standby.

For this reason I am getting a new TV. I think it may be fixable but i'd rather just get a new one.

If you had this problem would you just take it to the skip and get rid or can you sell TV's for spares or do you think a 'TV man' would want it to fix and sell on if I sold it for about £50?

Edited by oxmizzkezxo

My late Aunt had a similar problem with her TV, which problem we called '' Jumping Jack Flash''.

After she died my Sister set it up in her spare room, but didn't use it for a few weeks while we were sorting matters out.

The set works perfectly now, so perhaps don't bin it.

I have a 3 year old 32" Acoustic Solutions TV that turns itself off about 3 times a day and sometimes doesnt turn on when you press the button to come off standby.

For this reason I am getting a new TV. I think it may be fixable but i'd rather just get a new one.

If you had this problem would you just take it to the skip and get rid or can you sell TV's for spares or do you think a 'TV man' would want it to fix and sell on if I sold it for about £50?

i had asimilar problem and was quoted £80 but after checking it myself manged to fix it by replacing a part that cost 89pence and 45minutes of my time. Electronics is my foeld anyway so wouldn't reccomend taking it apart, so would ask you to cut your losses and sell it on.

Also,there is always the Freecycle option.

I have a 3 year old 32" Acoustic Solutions TV that turns itself off about 3 times a day and sometimes doesnt turn on when you press the button to come off standby.

Is it a CRT or flat panel?

If its a CRT (big heavy, boxy cant be fitted on a wall) Id try to sell it on here when the students return OR freecycle it to just get rid.

If its a flat panel, try to see if you can get some tv repair quotes - should be cheaper then buying a whole brand new one.

call "the star" and tell them you think it is haunted --page 1 for sure. only joking!!

turn it into a fish tank

put it for sale on here for £200

plenty of del boys on this forum

I had a 32 inch hitachi crt which used to do this. cost about £40 for a new power supply and it worked fine for a couple of years.

It weighed a ton, gave it to a friend, carried it from my house to his and up 2 flights of stairs then a couple of weeks later he skipped it :(

It is a flat screen slim TV not one of the big old ones

Definitely get a quote for repair. Even if the telly only cost you less £400, its still worth trying to salvage.