Young and want to walk

Im the same, since moving from the island of jersey, where u can walk anywhere and everywhere, i am yet to find a good walking club,, the 20-30's one seems good but majority are out of sheffield and u have to use the train or bus!... The countryside is just by my doorstep but dont like walking alone! Live near the dronfield area. Will still keep my eye out for some more tho.!... Sheff uni you say... Is it on their website?

Heyyy! I am from dronfield too!! Maybe we should just start a new group! get some people together, 17 to 30 no fees, just propper good old walking!!! whos up for it??

The Sheffield Uni walking group have a website - here

Don't know anything about them, but the committee look young!:D

Do you need to be part of a uni to join?

Do you need to be part of a uni to join?

No, it says they warmly welcome non-students, so you should be ok.

No, it says they warmly welcome non-students, so you should be ok.

thats all good then! Emaild the President! (no not barack obama) the president of the walking group!

lets see what happens!

Good luck - hope they are what you are looking for! :thumbsup: - You'll have to let us know

I suppose it depends on what you want out of a walking group.

The Shamblers offer a decent variety of walks such as:

Thursday evening walks, generally close to sheffield central and around 4 to 5 miles usually ending in a pub for a (optional) drink afterwards (Twice a Month)

Friday Morning Walks generally 3 to 5 miles, which tend to be around south or north Sheffield and usually end up at a pub for a (optional) spot of lunch. (Twice a Month)

Saturday Walks, generally 5 to 7 miles some of these are historical walks. (Twice a Month)

Sunday Walks, generally 7 to 9 miles on occaisions up to 11 miles some of these on the white peak, dark peak and outskirts of Sheffield. (Every Week)

All of the above are generally on a bus/train/tram route, but we also offer car sharing, all we ask is that if you choose to car share then to offer the driver £3 towards fuel/running costs.

We also organise weekends away sourcing out mini-bus hire and accomodation to such as Snowdon. (Two to three times a Year)

We also organise holidays and source out the best possible price for a group booking, last year we went to Turkey on a AI week, this year we are off to Tunisia (booked before their troubles :)(One to two times a year)

We also have a great social section of the group too, (Twice a month) such as:

Curry Nights Out

Quiz Nights

Themed Music Nights

Cinema Trips

Ten-Pin Bowling

Murder Mystery Nights

Games Nights

All our member are all different ages and from all over Sheffield, we even have one student from Iran who will be re-joining us again in the summer, and a couple of Spanish members.

We do our best to make anyone welcome who wishes to join us and of course we do have some members who bring their dogs.

Click the link below which will take you to a list of walks and pictures I took these will be full screen

Pictures Of Walks

If your interested in walking, why don't you come along this weekend to the

Ranger Event - "Wander Around the Sheffield Canal"

13th March 2011

Start Time: 10:00am

End Time: 3:00pm

Come and join the Rangers and River Stewards on a pleasant stroll along the Sheffield Canal from Victoria Quays to Meadowhall, walking back along the Five Weirs Walk, taking in any wildlife we encounter. Walk 8 miles approx. Map ref: SK359 875. Meet at Victoria Quays, entrance from Blonk Street and Furnival Road.

wear suitable clothing and stout footwear, bring a packed lunch, designated resting points en route.

I work for the River Stewardship company on a project called the blue loop. we run alot of free walks and activities.

http://www.theblueloop.org