Young and want to walk

Hello people! my name is Omar and i am 18 from dronfield. I walked the pennine way last summer, in 11 days with my good friend, camped most nights.

Basicly, i havent gotten round to doing any walking as of late, because my friend i walk with has moved to london!

I am basicly looking for a group of people who walk, and won't, mind me coming along! I am looking to walk with people around my age, or if not, groups with all diffrent ages.

Thanks O

Hi omario. The Shamblers is a walking group for people of all ages, from children up to pensioners - you are more than welcome to join any of our walks, just look out for them advertised on here, or have a look on here for more info, photos of our walks etc.

If we are not what you are looking for, there are various Ramblers groups that have age-specific groups - 20's - 30's for example. Also there is a walking group based at the University of Sheffield - I've never been, but I'm sure they will have lots of students going on their walks.

Good luck with your search - if we don't fit the bill, hope you find a group that does! :D

I'd be interested in info about walking groups for younger people, I know of the Ramblers Sheffield 20s/30s group but looking at their website their walks are often very long and mostly not dog friendly so I've never contacted them

A lot of walking groups seem to mainly be slightly older people and it's hard to join in the conversation when it's all about their teenage children etc!

I'd be interested in info about walking groups for younger people, I know of the Ramblers Sheffield 20s/30s group but looking at their website their walks are often very long and mostly not dog friendly so I've never contacted them

A lot of walking groups seem to mainly be slightly older people and it's hard to join in the conversation when it's all about their teenage children etc!

agreed! hey Tell me if you come across anyone please! haha i am still looking

http://www.sheffieldwalkinggroup.org.uk/links.html

Could try this one, it's for 20s/30s it says, I don't see why they wouldn't let an 18 year old in though.

I was quite interested but like I say hardly any of the walks are dog friendly :(

Also a lot of linear and my idea of a nice day out definitely does NOT involve using a bus/train etc!

hiya i know for a fact 20's to 30's do let you walk with them, as i have walked with them in the past, also they have loads of socials as well not all expensive. There is also sheffield shamblers who welcome all age groups. There is also chesterfield 20's to 30's ramblers, also if you look in the sheffield telegraph i think there are more walking groups in the area.xx

Im the same, since moving from the island of jersey, where u can walk anywhere and everywhere, i am yet to find a good walking club,, the 20-30's one seems good but majority are out of sheffield and u have to use the train or bus!... The countryside is just by my doorstep but dont like walking alone! Live near the dronfield area. Will still keep my eye out for some more tho.!... Sheff uni you say... Is it on their website?

If us that are over 30 and 40 etc are classed as too old to walk with, then why don't you younger ones set up your own group?

Remember tho conversation is a 2 way thing lol

I'd be quite interested in joining a walking group too :) I'm 17 and live in the south west of the city. I'd be interested in walking the porter valley plus the peak district (well the bits accesible by bus :hihi: )

I'd like a group my age, but also i'd happily walk with people older than me! All i expect is good conversation and nice people :D . I don't mind setting a younger group up if others are interested :)

Ah, you are still only a young buck Bruno, and with all your musical knowledge you would leave these nappy wearers behind.

Im the same, since moving from the island of jersey, where u can walk anywhere and everywhere, i am yet to find a good walking club,, the 20-30's one seems good but majority are out of sheffield and u have to use the train or bus!... The countryside is just by my doorstep but dont like walking alone! Live near the dronfield area. Will still keep my eye out for some more tho.!... Sheff uni you say... Is it on their website?

The Sheffield Uni walking group have a website - here

Don't know anything about them, but the committee look young!:D

hi sambuca, i think the thing is which ever walking group you walk with ie ramblers/shamblers/uni they are all the same where you will have to travel to some locations as they cannot keep walking in the same area otherwise people would not get to see the wonderful countryside which yes a bus/drive/train away. Jersey is a very small island, and i think the best thing is not to compare derbyshire with jersey. here is a womens group which meet in dronfield not sure its what you would want though

http://www.dronfieldnwr.org.uk/groups.htm

i walk with both shamblers and the ramblers both of which offer opportunity to have an input in any walk suggestions so joining either you could suggest walks in your area. good luck in your search for a group though.