Italian Singer with Accordian on Fargate

Wow....did anyone hear this guy today - Thursday 10 February 2011?

He sang Italian classical songs...not quite opera...(a la Mario Lanzo)....accompany himself with an accordion. He was making a mint...and thanked everyone who gave money....and flirted with the pretty ladies ;)

He was incredibly loud....with no amplification...and beautifully in tune.

I so wanted to be cheeky and video him on my phone for YouTube...but in my shyness I only managed to record the sound.

Even the shop assistants in Lush were clapping him....I do hope we see him again.

Does anyone know who it was...is he someone famous....if he isn't he should be.

I was well impressed and well entertained :D

Edited by julado
Ooops..wrong day of the week ;-D

I've seen him before. Utterly excellent.

i stood and listened to him. thought he was really good

Wow....did anyone hear this guy today - Thursday 10 February 2011?

He sang Italian classical songs...not quite opera...(a la Mario Lanzo)....accompany himself with an accordion. He was making a mint...and thanked everyone who gave money....and flirted with the pretty ladies ;)

He was incredibly loud....with no amplification...and beautifully in tune.

I so wanted to be cheeky and video him on my phone for YouTube...but in my shyness I only managed to record the sound.

Even the shop assistants in Lush were clapping him....I do hope we see him again.

Does anyone know who it was...is he someone famous....if he isn't he should be.

I was well impressed and well entertained :D

when will you next be there singing?

I couldnt believe my ears when I walked past him. I was rooted to the spot.!:) Who is he ?

when will you next be there singing?

Meaning??????? :roll:

I couldnt believe my ears when I walked past him. I was rooted to the spot.!:) Who is he ?

Good doesn't really cover it....I want to know who he is as well...I have Googled to see if perhaps he is with something going on in one of our theatres...but nothing.

I looked on YouTube....but couldn't find anything. :(

I do hope I see him again soon...and next time I will use my phone to video him. :D

I think you mean Italian Neapolitan songs? Not many have heard a good tenor voice live. Well before the second world war my great uncle was known as the best singer in Sheffield, this was a time when, before the days of electronic amplification any singer had to be good. He was offered contracts to go to America but his wife wouldnt agree.

Presuming he's a tenor, these songs are not often sung by baritones.

Edited by carosio

I think you mean Italian Neopolitan songs? Not many have heard a good tenor voice live. Well before the second world war my great uncle was known as the best singer in Sheffield, this was a time when, before the days of electronic amplification any singer had to be good. He was offered contracts to go to America but his wife wouldnt agree.

Presuming he's a tenor, these songs are not often sung by baritones.

what was his name?

I absolutely love this guy! I used to work in Lush and we all used to love him. He used to bring us roses and we used to look after his accordion whilst he has his lunch. I miss not seeing him.