Old Police box locations

There was one at the top of Deep Lane, Lower Shiregreen.

There was one on Richmond Road at the junction with Stradbroke Road.

Mike

Are we on about Police box, as in wooden type tardis? or the brick type Section station, as this is what they seem to be selling off? Too young to remember box's.

Manor top, Gleadless Road oppo Ashleigh school, Blackstock Road oppo John O'Gaunt, Totley station, Eclleshall Road then there was one at Heeley just up fron Ponsfords.

Such a shame they are selling these but modern times say they dont need them.

There was one between Commonside and Walkley - on the left as you left the city towards Walkley. Probably on Howard Road.

Are we on about Police box, as in wooden type tardis? or the brick type Section station, as this is what they seem to be selling off?...
There were also section stations on Infirmary Road and Catch Bar Lane. I have a feeling that there was a Tardis-type box at Hillsborough Corner, possibly at the end of Forbes Road by the old swimming baths but I can't remember clearly. I'm getting old....:(

There was one outside approx. number 111 Daniel Hilll Street Walkley

I remember the one at the junction of Chippinghouse Rd. and Abbeydale Rd. as I once was in it after being caught playing football in the street (late 1940s) we were so intent on the game that we never saw him coming ~ "bang to rights guv"

I am sure there was one on Gower Street, opposite where the old Burngreave library was.

Also one on Nodder Road,out side the shops.

Here we go my first contact with the old Tardis boxes was in 1959 in the one on Hodgson st which was built into the wall of St Silas school the local copper asked me if i would rather have a clip around the ear hole or taken home to see my old man i went for the clip but was still taken home that was for playing in old derelict properties second time 1966 was in the one outside the Yorkshire bank next to the Lansdowne pub on London rd that was for a bit of a scrap in the Lansdowne pub then between 67 and 70 four further occasions in the one in Fitzalan sq [ brick built ] drunk and disorderly and fighting around town and finally 1971 i was entertained by TINY the huge copper who was resident in the box at the side of the town hall on Surrey st this was after the Blades had won promotion to the old 1st div i was swimming in the old Goodwin fountain at the top of Fargate when Tiny told me to get out i told him " leave me i'll swim home" Tiny later became charge officer at Water Ln cells i also remember him doing traffic duty at Fitzalan sq can anyone else remember him from the 60s and early 70s i always found him fair in any dealings i had with him unlike many others i can mention.

Right lads and lasses, feeling a bit of a sad person, so what do you think of this suggestion.

Let's make a record on here for Sheffield history of the position of as many of the old Police boxes we can remember and of course your stories in connection with them.

Chippinghouse Rd jcn Abbeydale Rd o/s Post Office

Near bottom of Sharrow Lane, just up from bank ( now restaurant ) set into wall of Sitwell House.

Rivelin Valley Rd, bottom of Hollins Lane, side of river.

Must have been dozens of them, some of you old ex coppers on here will probably locate many !

Wasn't there one built into the playground wall of Hunters Bar Junior School? Or is my old memory playing tricks on me?

I thought the one in Crosspool was on the other side of Lydgate Lane nearer to what was Wallers paper shop. I moved to Crosspool in 1947 and don't remember the one shown in Hillsboro's photo. I remember Ashmore's butchers - bottom of Ringstead Crescent I think not far from Senior's paper shop.