Memories of living on rudyard road and treswell crescent and the hillsboro

Just found Sheffield forum, understand nosey Nellie lives in Stannington, I also live in Stannington and I am interested in getting in touch with any of the recipients. Please see previous posts for my contact details I would be thrilled to reminisce.

I keep seeing references to CUSTARD but the only one I knew from childhood called custard

was Malcolm McKenzie who was brought up at the bottom of Broughton Rd. I saw him just before he died and he said he lived on Rudyard Rd. Is this the same chap? He died when he was in his late 50s about 1998. He was a school pal of mine.

I also remember a couple off Rudyard called Wilf & Alice who used to go to Oakland Rd club in the early 1960s

Kenneth and Sylvia West took on my Nans house when she went to live in Meersbrook, My Mum & Dad moved to Grenhill before that.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but Ken and Sylvia West are my grandparents. I've loved reading all these posts, Rudyard sounded like a proper closeknit community. Pity more places aren't like this!

Thanks for the post Arnie my dad grew up on Rudyard he lived at no 21 and the family name was Crapper. My dad was Harry Crapper and he was born in 1917 and he worked as a roller at Wardsend steelworks for many years. His was a large family i think it was ten children in all. Did you know my dad i would love to hear from anyone who knew him.

---------- Post added 27-01-2015 at 17:21 ----------

Sorry my dad lived at 21 Tresswell Cres not Rudyard.

Anne Bilbrough was a friend of mine,she went to live in Spain she recently came back but the last I heard she wasn't living in Sheffield.

I wonder if you remember the Tarzan field nobody seems to remember it only me I am beggining to think that it was a figment of my imagination.:loopy:

Hi Nosy Nellie, Ann Bill brought was my aunty. She sadly passed away a few years ago. My mum is her sister (Norah), still living in Sheffield. PM me I'd you want any more details xxx

Hi Arnie Grey. we used to live next door to your Aunt Connie. Remember her garden was always looking nice with lots of roses. She was a lovely person always smiling and chattie. My name is Anita. Our surname was Chapman. We recently found out that my husbands mom was born at No.12 Rider Road in 1912.

Does anyone know about further down Treswell? The 40’s and 50’s? (House numbers)

On 11/02/2011 at 20:03, nosy nellie said:

Did Margaret Roe marry a Grayson or am I getting mixed up again.I used to take one of the children to school for them and I don't know if it was Margaret or Allan.Yes we lived at 30 Rudyard Road.

We also used to play on what we used to call the bank which led to the wall between Rudyard and Burdalls we could get between the corrugated metal sheeting.

Mrs Willey used to keep chickens on the bank because she lived in the house at the side of the bank I remember one day my brother let all her chickens out and they were running all over the bank he was very young and was just curious.

Did you know anyone with the surname France or Parker down Rudyard?

My Uncle Robert Barker was born at number 93 Rudyard Rd. in 1928 his parents were Alfred and Beatrice Barker in 1930 Robert was placed in Fulwood Cottage Homes.

On 24/02/2011 at 18:46, jonnythefox said:

Neville is on the coaching staff at sheffield wednesday, coaching the young uns

Now at Scunthorpe united