Memories of living on rudyard road and treswell crescent and the hillsboro

The story goes that Johnny Jolly used to be friends with Michael Underhay so Michael was given the nickname Custard so they were called Jelly and Custard I don't know if this is true.

Come on Sweaty tell us some of the other nicknames we had down there.

Nellie, bumped into Custard the other day and he says your story may be true but he's not sure, but he does recall that back then he did eat a lot of custard. He was also in the Morley Street team with David Lacey, that won the Sheffield United cup, he wasn't on the Sixer Photograph as he had left school before the photo was taken.

Cliff Savage lives at Wisewood I see him often, And 2 of the triplets also live at Wisewood and did indeed work at simpkins. He is their cousin.

Haven't seen Neville Burberry (Casper) for years now, last I heard he was doing some football coaching.

Neville is on the coaching staff at sheffield wednesday, coaching the young uns

norma and Janis lived at no25 Rudyard next door to the ryletts at no27 who had a daughter Elsie younger than me,Norma and Janis where related to the Hodgson's at no41 ,son terry,daughters Lela and Pat, do you remember Terry playing the trumpet in his bedroom very loudly. Also do you remember the Hortons,Ken and Hazel and another girl but i can't remember her name. SWEATSHOP BOY you described the way we use to dress perfectly,There is a repeat of the T.V. programme SHINE ON HARVEY MOON showing on the YESTERDAY channel at the moment and young Stanley is dressed just the way we used to be and always a football in his hands.Finally is the memorial hall still there on Forbes Rd? :huh:

I remember Norma and Janis but cannot think of there surname,and Elsie Rylett and the Hodgsons Terry Hodgson married Audrey Willey who lived on Kipling Road but divorced,

Hazel Horton lives near me I see her quite a lot.

I saw Harvey Moon the first time round and loved it but I keep forgetting to watch it this time,

The Memo is still there but I don't know what it is used for certainly not used for dances like it used to be when we were young.

Yes that would be Ron Furness and his wife Jean and their Family.

Hi Nellie,

That would be correct, I am one of the Furness girls. Who are you:)

Hello Isal I bet this thread has brought back happy memories,Coronation Street had nothing on Rudyard Road in the old days.

Never a dull moment always something going off one way or another,I have sent you a message telling you who I am Sweatshopboy is my brother you may not know him.

I knew your Dad when he was young living behind the Infirmary he was a friend of my Uncles that was in the late forties.

Anyone remember Susan Derbyshire who lived down there in the sixties,she will be about 68 now.The last time I saw her she worked as an auxillary at the Northern General.

I knew Susan when we were members of the Sheffield scooter club.

Anyone remember Susan Derbyshire who lived down there in the sixties,she will be about 68 now.The last time I saw her she worked as an auxillary at the Northern General.

A friend of mine used to court a Pat Maroczik (spelling?) around 1968/70, lived on Treswell I think.

I remember the Maroczics they lived down at the bottom of Rudyard,but did not know them well I think they also had a son.

hi all, i looking in to my family history and found a address for tresswell cresent on a old pic i'm guessing date period is late 1920s - early 1930s.

the address is 41 tresswell cresent off rudyard hillsborough- poss connection could be a relation by the name edna.

if anyone can suggest anything please do because i'm trying to guess alot of it and praying i get lucky