Ellesmere road school, did you go there?

Hi im stephen dukowski i now live in donny for my sins lol

---------- Post added 12-12-2014 at 19:00 ----------

Im stephen dukowski i now live in doncaster for my sins lol

Edited by bossdogg

Mike, that's Jackie Mason and he's probably in his 80's with a lot more flab under the chin and of a different religious persuasion. However the photo is in Times Square, about three blocks from where I work. He's funny tho"

Yeah but that photo was taken in 1990 when he was 59.

http://tabletmag.com/jewish-arts-and-culture/theater-and-dance/133893/happy-birthday-jackie-mason

Lol, I thought there was a passing resemblance. :)

I agree, a very funny man.

Hi im stephen dukowski i now live in donny for my sins lol

---------- Post added 12-12-2014 at 19:00 ----------

Im stephen dukowski i now live in doncaster for my sins lol

Hello Stephen I can remember playing on the shop roofs in front of your house with you back in the day I'm Tommy Robinson.

---------- Post added 13-12-2014 at 13:07 ----------

Hi Tommy, Ime Penny Yates that was, lived across the road from you, Michael Knowles and you used to take the ****, making songs up about Lady Penelope, its ok though I don't hold grudges!!
It's a good job we could be little sod's.

Hi tommy hows you after all these years lol yeh on top of bevans remember when we got a old purse an put fishing line on it and sharply pulled it away when someone tried to pick it up happy days loln

Hi tommy hows you after all these years lol yeh on top of bevans remember when we got a old purse an put fishing line on it and sharply pulled it away when someone tried to pick it up happy days loln

I'm not bad thanks my legs are not very good these days but I still get about It's good to hear from you.

Yes, between 1957 and 1963. One teacher I remember was Mr Guest. Some of the pupils that come to mind are Tony Woodward, Kathleen Ross, Judith Clarke, Susan George, Michael Elrick, David Seaton, Ian Colley and Mary Hallam.

Hi TonySar.

I’m guessing you must be Tony Sergeant who lived on Maxwell street? I was in your class and remember you well. I’m David Watkins and lived on Savile street next to the wood yard. I knocked about with you and Tony Woodward.

Some names stick in my mind. Cheryl Dabell, Judith Clark, Ian Colley (tripe) and Mary Hallam. Teacher Mr Guest got me through my 11+. I went to High Storrs which was a bit of a trek by bus but worth it.

I have a couple of photographs of the Christmas shows we put on at the community centre with you and Tony Woodward and the rest of the class. I will dig them out over the weekend and post here on Monday.

---------- Post added 01-11-2016 at 15:14 ----------

I found the Nativity play photos I mentioned.

http://s168.photobucket.com/user/plonko51/library/Ellesmere%20Road%20school

Everyone looks so serious, perhaps we were told not to smile. In picture 2 I’m Father Christmas with a black beard (what’s that all about?) while in picture 1 I’m the middle one of the 3 wise men (looking somewhat smarmy) next to Tony Woodward. I am trying to remember more names. Maxine Topham, Darryl Morton, Brenda Timms(?), Susan Plevin, spring to mind. It would be interesting to see what people look like now.

Here’s me, still working. Sales & Marketing for video production company.

http://s168.photobucket.com/user/plonko51/library/me%20now

Edited by pinkelephant

I’m resurrecting this post as the one posted by TonySar on 26 October seems to have died.

TonySar, whom I guess is Tony Sergeant who I seem to remember went to Firth Park and lived in the corner house on Maxwell street opposite the school. He, me and Tony Woodward used to knock about together. I’m David Watkins and lived next to the wood yard on Savile Street.

It’s hard to imagine that it’s over 50 years ago but some names stick in my mind. Cheryl Dabell, Judith Clark, Ian Colley (tripe) and Mary Hallam. I also have fond memories of teacher Mr Guest who helped me pass my 11+. I went to High Storrs.

Here is a link to a couple of photographs of the nativity plays we put on at the community centre next door. In picture one I’m the middle of the 3 wise men (looking particularly smarmy) next to Tony Woodward. In picture two I’m Father Christmas with a black beard (what’s that all about?) http://s168.photobucket.com/user/plonko51/library/Ellesmere%20Road%20school

I’m trying to remember more names. Maxine Topham, Darryl Morton, Brenda Timms(?), Susan Plevin, spring to mind. Can anyone fill in more names please. It would also be interesting to see what people look like now.

Here’s me, still working doing sales & Marketing for a video production company.http://s168.photobucket.com/user/plonko51/library/me%20now

Edited by pinkelephant

I’m resurrecting this post as the one posted by TonySar on 26 October seems to have died.

TonySar, whom I guess is Tony Sergeant who I seem to remember went to Firth Park and lived in the corner house on Maxwell street opposite the school. He, me and Tony Woodward used to knock about together. I’m David Watkins and lived next to the wood yard on Savile Street.

It’s hard to imagine that it’s over 50 years ago but some names stick in my mind. Cheryl Dabell, Judith Clark, Ian Colley (tripe) and Mary Hallam. I also have fond memories of teacher Mr Guest who helped me pass my 11+. I went to High Storrs.

Here is a link to a couple of photographs of the nativity plays we put on at the community centre next door. In picture one I’m the middle of the 3 wise men (looking particularly smarmy) next to Tony Woodward. In picture two I’m Father Christmas with a black beard (what’s that all about?) http://s168.photobucket.com/user/plonko51/library/Ellesmere%20Road%20school

I’m trying to remember more names. Maxine Topham, Darryl Morton, Brenda Timms(?), Susan Plevin, spring to mind. Can anyone fill in more names please. It would also be interesting to see what people look like now.

Here’s me, still working doing sales & Marketing for a video production company.http://s168.photobucket.com/user/plonko51/library/me%20now

I take it that your reference to Ian Colley-who lived on Thorndon Road- wasn't personal, as it was his dad Howard who ran the 'Tripe' business. The 'factory' being on Canada Street and the retail places on Spital Hill and Castle market.

Hi David,

I remember you. I picked you out correctly on the nativity photo, I have that one, but not the Christmas Carol photo. I recall some of the names you mentioned but not all. Other names that come to mind (but I may be wrong) are Mr Albear, Heather? Holt, and a girl called Lockwood.

As a new user i am not allowed to post links but there is a recent photo of me on my Facebook profile. facebook.com/tony.sarjeant I found a photo of Tony Woodward on Facebook. He moved to Perth, Australia when he was about 13.

All the best, Tony

Dont forget Miss Duncan, (headteacher)

Hi to anyone and everyone Cheryl Dabell now Simmonite here. I remember you Tony Sergeant and David Watkins. So many names have come flooding back. I have never left Sheffield but live at Sandygate now. Have been going past the old school a lot lately as my mom has just gone into a nursing home off Petre St. I also remember Vincent? And Donahugh but can't remember his first name Denial? And Denise who lived on Maxwell St. I remember we all collected when we left and bought Mr Guest a coffee table which Susan Plevin got for us. I can remember that day so clearly.