Ellesmere road school, did you go there?

On 30/10/2019 at 19:43, yatesace said:

i i went to ellesmere school my teacher was mr schofield lovely man i was milk monitor i was friends with everton lawrence he came from jamaica he was a good pal sadly i heard he returned to jamaica and died of a heart attack 

Hello yatesace, I thought it was strange hearing that Everton Lawrence had died as I am an old pitsmoorian & still have many links with people from their so I phoned up a friend of mine & he told me that Everton is alive & kicking ! Good news I say ! 

great news i can only go on what i was told

i went thier early 60s like hobinfoot i was thier when mr schofielc retired if my memory serves me right

Any one remember  Molly Mullvaney mum and dad had pubs in sheffield had the ellsmere at one time Phill and Joyce

I left and went off to Firth Park in 1958 and lived directly across from the school on what was Writtle St.  I do remember being in the same class as Geoffrey Albaya, Ian Harrison, David Biggins, John Mayall, William Sturman  There were also twin sisters in the class,  Pamela & Susan (?). Can't remember anyone else's names off hand. Mr. Albaya was our teacher in 3A and Mr. Brownhill in 4A 

On 13/02/2011 at 08:35, kidley said:

Hi

I am one of those does Mick ring a bell

I Ihink Tommy was George Oxley's brother.

On 18/02/2011 at 15:59, pitsmoor boy said:

Hi. So who are you ? you obviously know me,

I don,t think the builders was called Fox's but the Fox family lived on site in the yard, Ron Fox was a mate of mine, his dad looked after the builders yard as caretaker and night watchman.

The guys that played footy on Forncett Street where our lot lived at No 44

was Neville Hiley a decent goaly, Ron Hacket, Len Green,Ron Fox, Craig Sleigh and of course me.

I was a chubby kid then with chronic asthma, now i am a slimmed down version, grumpy old fella (although not in my head) with mild asthma thats not much of a problem these days.

PS Who was Matt ?

Les Johnson

Ronnie Hextall was another of that group, he lived next door to the Carlisle pub.

12 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Ronnie Hextall was another of that group, he lived next door to the Carlisle pub.

I think Ron Hextall beat me to it a few posts back.

13 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Matt was the Wembley park keeper and (I think he had a false eye ), he played drums at the Carlisle pub at weekends.

Just now, St Petre said:

I think Ron Hextall beat me to it a few posts back.

Matt was the Wembley park keeper and (I think he had a false eye ), he played drums at the Carlisle pub at weekends.

I didn't go to Ellesmere school but two sisters who lived next door to me did : Pamela and Diane Ring.

I remember Robert Powell he had a sister called Jane also remember John Mulhearn I went to school with both of them they both lived near the swimming baths don't know any of the other names though 

On 01/11/2019 at 07:55, alf1956 said:

Wow, I knew Everton & his brother Clinton they lived on Malton Street they were older than me & I am surprised that I have not heard about Everton's sad passing. He would be in his mid sixties im guessing?

I remember Everton and his brother Clinton didn't know he had died sad to hear he was always pleasant use to hang around him as well in pitsmoor with other guys 

On 13/09/2019 at 14:19, hobinfoot said:

Hi John I remember going to Endcliffe park you and your brother there were a few others also we went looking for conkers. I remember your brother losing his bus fair. bossdogg is Stephen Dukowski he lived on Spital Lane I’m Tommy Robinson I lived on 

On 02/11/2019 at 11:15, hobinfoot said:

Everton lived on Ditchingham St in the mid 60s. I remember when Wednesday and Everton played in the FA cup final in 1966 he was going round chanting for Everton because they’d got the same name.

Does anyone remember the Maycock family? I went to Ellesmere with John and Susan.

I remember Everton Lawrence hung around with him in Pitsmoor as kids also remember John and Susan Maycock there parents were Scottish lived at the bottom of Ellesmere school nice to see names I remember Tommy Robinson I remember well he wore these pink round ca classes and he had blonde hair nice to see people are still around also remember Steven Dewkowski dark brown hair went to Ellesmere school