Ellesmere road school, did you go there?

Hi Les Yes that's right Jean And Pauline,Jean would be your age and is still around

but Pauline died aged 52 leukemia,yes I remember Rita.

Hi, my dad used to attend ellesmere road there was a photo of the class of 1953 in the star last year which he was on, he is called melvyn simonite also had a brother called michael

I know I may be replying to an old post. The 'strict' lady at the baths was Mrs Taffinder (Gladys?) and she lived in one of those big houses at the top of Smiths field on Grimesthorpe Rd and she wasn't all that bad if you behaved yourself. the builders yard where Ronnie Fox lived was I think, Coupe Bros. I was in the same class-1958-62- as his brother John at Burngreave. I remember the Hextall's, the two girls were Jean and Pauline and Matt from the little Wembley was the drummer at the Carlisle Hotel at weekends. I used to hang around with Craig Sleigh & Co in those halcyon days

---------- Post added 09-12-2014 at 02:57 ----------

The Oxley brothers I remember at Burngreave were Tommy and George?? and I was in the same class as one of them. We had a teacher, Mr. Goodlad an Australian I think, who whenever something went wrong and without waiting to identify the miscreants would automatically blame Tommy who's name he would pronounce 'Hoxley' and give him the cane. This seemed to happen on a daily basis and I used to wonder why he didn't punish him at 9 o'clock at the start of the day, whether he had done anything or not just to get it over with. Poor kid.

I know I may be replying to an old post. The 'strict' lady at the baths was Mrs Taffinder (Gladys?) and she lived in one of those big houses at the top of Smiths field on Grimesthorpe Rd and she wasn't all that bad if you behaved yourself. the builders yard where Ronnie Fox lived was I think, Coupe Bros. I was in the same class-1958-62- as his brother John at Burngreave. I remember the Hextall's, the two girls were Jean and Pauline and Matt from the little Wembley was the drummer at the Carlisle Hotel at weekends. I used to hang around with Craig Sleigh & Co in those halcyon days

---------- Post added 09-12-2014 at 02:57 ----------

The Oxley brothers I remember at Burngreave were Tommy and George?? and I was in the same class as one of them. We had a teacher, Mr. Goodlad an Australian I think, who whenever something went wrong and without waiting to identify the miscreants would automatically blame Tommy who's name he would pronounce 'Hoxley' and give him the cane. This seemed to happen on a daily basis and I used to wonder why he didn't punish him at 9 o'clock at the start of the day, whether he had done anything or not just to get it over with. Poor kid.

So what is your name ?

I am Les Johnson and know all the names you mentioned - often wonder what happened to them.

So what is your name ?

I am Les Johnson and know all the names you mentioned - often wonder what happened to them.

Dave Manterfield

Dave Manterfield

Yes, I remember you, weren't you the first to ride around on a scooter (Lambretta) ? I think you were a year or so older than me.

Also caught your "blog" on "Old Pitsmoorions" on F/B. Interesting how some of us managed to escape old "Blighty"

Pitsmoor boy; You may remember me but I did not own a Lambretta or even a Vespa back then but I did wear mod-type clothes, Parka's etc. I wear similar stuff now- desert boots, red socks, Ben Sherman's and I'm 67 and I'm still about the same build as in 1965. perhaps I need to be told!

Anyone remember anyone who lived on Ditchingham Street. Thanks.

I lived on there. Here's some names Mick knowles Garry & Graham Attkin Kenny Bennett Jill Fiddis Kim Adams Geoff Harrison and me Tom.

Pitsmoor boy; You may remember me but I did not own a Lambretta or even a Vespa back then but I did wear mod-type clothes, Parka's etc. I wear similar stuff now- desert boots, red socks, Ben Sherman's and I'm 67 and I'm still about the same build as in 1965. perhaps I need to be told!

Manto, in my imagination you look just like THIS. Am I close?

Message for Neilf A big yes to Paul, John Bagkin forget the names of the sisters though they lived in the next yard to us in the same yard as a lad i remember Stephen Decoski think thats how you spell it sorry Steve :)

It was paul and John that took me to the Silver Blades for the first time roughley 1968 ish

I went to Ellesmere Rd with John & Stephen.

Manto, in my imagination you look just like THIS. Am I close?

Mike, that's Jackie Mason and he's probably in his 80's with a lot more flab under the chin and of a different religious persuasion. However the photo is in Times Square, about three blocks from where I work. He's funny tho"

I lived on there. Here's some names Mick knowles Garry & Graham Attkin Kenny Bennett Jill Fiddis Kim Adams Geoff Harrison and me Tom.

Hi Tommy, Ime Penny Yates that was, lived across the road from you, Michael Knowles and you used to take the ****, making songs up about Lady Penelope, its ok though I don't hold grudges!!