Internet slow, weather?

All of a sudden our net has become awfully slow, I don't suppose the weather has had anything to do with it?

New macbook, so I can't imagine it's the fault of the computer. Other laptops in the house having some issues also.

Confused as it seemed to be working fine a couple of days ago. We are on a BT router, which all the lights are showing to be ok. :help:

i would give ISP a ring get them to check your line.

i would give ISP a ring get them to check your line.

Yeah, might have the wrong kind of snow on it, or maybe a leaf... :hihi:

have you reset the router?

Yeah restarted it a few times. And deleted the network off the computer and then re-assigned it, but still no prevail

I've noticed that our internet connection has problems when it rains hard, which I don't understand as it's fibre optic.

I've noticed that our internet connection has problems when it rains hard, which I don't understand as it's fibre optic.

Hi,

Bit random but many moons ago my Mrs used to have cable broadband and had the same issues - after much arguing with tech support they sent an engineer out, he reached the conclusion that water was getting in the junction box where the signal changed from fibre to co-ax - this was replaced and everything was fine from there on.

Cheers

Gluggy

sometime there might be problem with the encryption setting of the router or laptop. try make sure both are on same type of encryption. i resolved my problem few weeks back. all the best.