Arctic Monkeys to play Don Valley Bowl 10&11 June 2011

Have been told by the Arena Box Office that the card holder who paid for the tickets must attend the concert.(No exceptions).So,if you buy 4 tickets,and cannot attend for whatever reason,none of the other party members will be allowed in.My card is due for replacement between now and the concert,so I have been told to take my old card as proof.Also,what happens if the card is lost/stolen/eaten by an ATM just before the concert.?Again,no one will be allowed in. Was also told further proof of identity will be required at the gate,but they don't know what form this have to take.

All these precautions have been put in place by the promoter,and the box office say they have no say in the matter.

I think this has been ill-conceived,and there will be lots of problems on the night.

I think that this was a brilliant idea. I was able to get a couple of tickets for my daughter and a friend really easily and that would not have happened with touts buying up the lot. I will have to turn up in person to get them in but I don't mind that. Security will have to be pretty good though, when the eBayers realise they have been ripped off.

You can't just get them in.The card holder has to enter the concert.So you and your daughter can go,but her friend can't.That's why I think there will be problems on the night.You weren't aware of this,how many others aren't?

You can't just get them in.The card holder has to enter the concert.So you and your daughter can go,but her friend can't.That's why I think there will be problems on the night.You weren't aware of this,how many others aren't?

I phoned the box office to check this. According to them, I don't need to actually go to the concert - just be there when they enter. I hope the security staff also know this!