Arctic Monkeys to play Don Valley Bowl 10&11 June 2011

I'm not knocking them, just saying that the massive hype they generated seems to have evaporated pretty quickly

ive seen them loads, at beginning before they were big saw best concert ever in manchester in a small venue, saw them at sheff arena they were crap. really disappointed, still gonna try for tickets tho, sucker for it.

I'm not knocking them, just saying that the massive hype they generated seems to have evaporated pretty quickly

If the hype had evaporated surely they would be playing small venues by now.

I like the anti-tout scheme brought into place for this event.

In order to protect genuine fans from being exploited by ticket touts measures have been put in place on this show. Tickets are limited to 4 per household, the surname of the card holder along with the last four digits of the card used to make the booking will be printed on each ticket and need to be presented to gain access to the show.

I'm confused with the ticket policy - my lad wants to go but he doesn't have a debit or credit card of his own to buy tickets with. If I buy the ticket on his behalf I have to attend the gig according to the ticket policy - see below....

* The lead booker will be asked to present ID and the card used during the booking to gain entry into the venue. Failure to do so will result in the customer being turned away and no refunds will be issued. There are no exceptions to this rule.

* The surname of the lead booker and the last four digits of the card used to make the booking will be printed on each ticket. The surname and card details cannot be changed once the booking has been made.

The problem with this is there is a long time between now and the gig. What if someone's card expires in the mean time, or is lost or stolen, or gets eaten by a cash machine, or they change banks?

Just wondering if anyone can help me..

My boyfriend has purchased me some tickets for the 10th of June obviously on his card and in his name, as they as a gift he did not expect to attend.

Does this mean i cant go and get into the event without him being there as they are in his name?

I have tried to contact the venue but they dont seem to know whether the card holder actually has to attend or whether if his details are brought with me whether i could still get in.

If anyone could help me i'd appreciate it :)

Just wondering if anyone can help me..

My boyfriend has purchased me some tickets for the 10th of June obviously on his card and in his name, as they as a gift he did not expect to attend.

Does this mean i cant go and get into the event without him being there as they are in his name?

I have tried to contact the venue but they dont seem to know whether the card holder actually has to attend or whether if his details are brought with me whether i could still get in.

If anyone could help me i'd appreciate it :)

Let us know if you find out anything - could be a lot of people in the same boat!

To the doubters - the tickets sold out in 90 minutes, even without touts!

Edit: Just seen loads of tickets on a reseller site, with no warning about card holders etc. Wonder how they will handle this?

Edited by PeteM01

I have contacted ticketmaster where my partner got the tickets from and they said it is possible to trasnfer to charge to a different card, so i have just done that so my name and card are now on the details and he doesnt have to attend.

I purchased Arctic Monkeys tickets and continued browsing the internet to find out when Leeds festival tickets were going on sale, when I noticed that Arcade Fire are playing Manchester in the summer and the tickets were going on sale a mere five minutes later. So two Arcade Fire tickets purchased as well!

A good day all round.

Have been told by the Arena Box Office that the card holder who paid for the tickets must attend the concert.(No exceptions).So,if you buy 4 tickets,and cannot attend for whatever reason,none of the other party members will be allowed in.My card is due for replacement between now and the concert,so I have been told to take my old card as proof.Also,what happens if the card is lost/stolen/eaten by an ATM just before the concert.?Again,no one will be allowed in. Was also told further proof of identity will be required at the gate,but they don't know what form this have to take.

All these precautions have been put in place by the promoter,and the box office say they have no say in the matter.

I think this has been ill-conceived,and there will be lots of problems on the night.

Evaporated so quickly that they are playing 2 nights at Don Valley Bowl, how many thousands will they be playing to? Also the Monkeys have never done anything to help the "hype" along other than record and release music, they could have easily exploited their new found fame and got they faces everywhere on TV, etc but that's not their way so they should be applauded for that at least! PS my user name has nothing to do with this band! ;)