Daily excerise thread

How the bloody hell do you fit it all in Evei???

I walk for an hour each day, have a Yoga class once a week and try to practise for half an hour on the other days.

I also work at the farm too days a week where I get at least two hours heavy manual labour - I count that as my twice weekly workout :)

I don't possibly think I could squeeze any more in!

x

How the bloody hell do you fit it all in Evei???

I walk for an hour each day, have a Yoga class once a week and try to practise for half an hour on the other days.

I also work at the farm too days a week where I get at least two hours heavy manual labour - I count that as my twice weekly workout :)

I don't possibly think I could squeeze any more in!

x

............ My house is a complete mess :)

First walk of the day is at 5:45am then work for 7:10am, then straight to gym after work, home, tea about 7:00pm, homework that I'm not very efficient at doing as I spend my time on here! then bed. I'm all tucked up by 10pm :hihi:

MMMmmmm, not a very exciting life really!

Well done on the running :) It's tough going out at this time of year. I am meant to be doing some 10Km 'races' (just be glad that I finish them!) later in the year. I am currently running around 6-7Km at the moment. My ankle starts to play up after this as I injuried quite badly last year so I'm just trying to build the strength, it's only running that seems to aggrevate it.

I bet you will be back to doing 10Km in no time, keep on running! :)

The nicer weather should be on the way soon too :) Can I just ask were you go to get your running shoes? I have had a few reccommendations and I want to buy a decent running pair and be fitted for them to see if it helps my ankle out.

Well I went!!! Managed 6km, so very pleased with myself. :D

I get my shoes from Keep on Running on Attercliffe Road. It's near the post office. They are great in there. They look at your feet and are very knowledgable so if you have a particular problem you can talk it through with them. My new Asics from there were £62 which I thought was very reasonable. Apparently they have had to reduce all their prices to be inline with the web.

I am going to name you active Evei I think :hihi: you seem to be the most active person on the group.

What have you been doing the last few days? I am just about to go out walking around fields in the dark and lug buckets around. Apart from running up and downstairs a few times and moving a load of hay bales around that has been my lot for today. Been sat still working. Not even been using my ball as it has deflated a bit :P

Hiya all! I have been reading through the threads on this group and thought i would post something up as you all seem to really help and motivate eachother!!

I hope you don't mind me joining in.

On Wednesday I did a 35 minute swim. Nothing yesterday and half hour swim today.

For weeks I had been going to the gym and doing quite a lot of running on the theadmill (I say quite a lot of running....) I was running 2.2k in 15 minutes. I was trying to set myself targets each time. Like one day I would run for less time but at a higher speed.

Unfortunately from all the running I suffered a possible collapsed arch and had to cut out running and settle for half hour 10k hill climb on the exercise bike.

Now, on the other foot I keep getting a stabbing pain when I put my whole foot to the floor. It is incredibly frustrating because I was really getting into running. NOw I can only go swimming, and I can't even do that for more than half hour, because I am so unfit and I am not a confident swimmer anyway!

IF anyone has and tips on how to stop the pains in my foot they would be much appreciated. I really want to be able to go running again :(

THanks in advance :)

Edited by _Kirsty_

Hi Kirsty,

I can recommended going to an Amatsu session. It can help with things like that and get you into a fitter state for being able to cope with exercise that is right for you. But also maybe work out why you had that injury in the first place.

Personally I am fairly fit physically but I can't run far, can't cycle and have little long term stamina. It's just the way my body is built. The one week I have spent at a gym I hurt myself on a rowing machine. I love swimming for far... in the sea, but chlorine really bothers me and I haven't spent longer than 10 mins in a swimming pool in the last 5 years.

Keeping fit is finding something to enjoy and that suits you.

Hi Kirsty,

I can recommended going to an Amatsu session. It can help with things like that and get you into a fitter state for being able to cope with exercise that is right for you. But also maybe work out why you had that injury in the first place.

Personally I am fairly fit physically but I can't run far, can't cycle and have little long term stamina. It's just the way my body is built. The one week I have spent at a gym I hurt myself on a rowing machine. I love swimming for far... in the sea, but chlorine really bothers me and I haven't spent longer than 10 mins in a swimming pool in the last 5 years.

Keeping fit is finding something to enjoy and that suits you.

Hi jess,

I think the pain has come from running funny. Apparently i run flat footed and dont lift my left knee up enough when running. Thats what my boyfriend said because he 'observed' my running once when i was complaining about my foot. He actually cannot run on a treadmill at the side of me because the thudding of my feet messes his rythm up!

Iv never noticed it personally....

Hi jess,

I think the pain has come from running funny. Apparently i run flat footed and dont lift my left knee up enough when running. Thats what my boyfriend said because he 'observed' my running once when i was complaining about my foot. He actually cannot run on a treadmill at the side of me because the thudding of my feet messes his rythm up!

Iv never noticed it personally....

:hihi: I sometimes find if you are running at the wrong speed than what is natural for you on a treadmill you end up 'slapping' it is not good. Interestly I never have this problem with outdoor running :loopy: I'm not sure who you see to 'teach' you a new running style!

It might be worth going down to one of the running trainer shops and asking them for some advice? They might be able to recommend someone to look into it a bit further, I think you can have inserts built to go into running shoes. (EDIT = http://www.accelerateuk.com/product/Wdyad8 have a look here, maybe something like this would help you?)

Personally I would just try something else, running does put a lot of stress on joints and speaking to a lot of men in thier 60's who have had various parts of themselves replaced due to long distance running in the past, I'm not sure it is worth doing long distances! I'm going to aim to do a few 10Km then look into working to increasing my 5K speed instead.

Yesterday I did spinning and pump class. Today I am doing nothing!

Edited by Evei

Well this week has been a very relaxed one!

Saturday- nothing

Sunday- circuits and a couple of hours helping drag bits of tree around

Monday- spinning class and 40 minute run

Tuesday- aerobics, weights and dancing

Wed- Netall match

Thurs- nothing

Today- spinning and pump class

Been a quiet week for me :) I've also done a lot of sitting on my bum and cleaning the house to catch up on all the stuff I had not got done on other days! As it is holidays I also get out of the dog walking duties so I have been really lazy this week!

Well this week has been a very relaxed one!

Saturday- nothing

Sunday- circuits and a couple of hours helping drag bits of tree around

Monday- spinning class and 40 minute run

Tuesday- aerobics, weights and dancing

Wed- Netall match

Thurs- nothing

Today- spinning and pump class

Been a quiet week for me :) I've also done a lot of sitting on my bum and cleaning the house to catch up on all the stuff I had not got done on other days! As it is holidays I also get out of the dog walking duties so I have been really lazy this week!

Thats a lazy week for you :| God I feel like I do nothing in comparison :hihi: And here's me feeling quite good cos I've done 3 5km runs this week and one hour boxing session. :|

Must try harder :hihi:

Thats a lazy week for you :| God I feel like I do nothing in comparison :hihi: And here's me feeling quite good cos I've done 3 5km runs this week and one hour boxing session. :|

Must try harder :hihi:

I only do it because I enjoy it :) It is fast becoming my main hobby apart from walking/ training the dog. When I was younger I used to always be late home from school as I was in every sports team going :hihi:

It actually quite sad to think about the 12 years I that I let it all go really, though I have always walked and played netball I have spent far to much time studying and working at a desk, I just realised there is more to life than work.

I only do it because I enjoy it :) It is fast becoming my main hobby apart from walking/ training the dog. When I was younger I used to always be late home from school as I was in every sports team going :hihi:

It actually quite sad to think about the 12 years I that I let it all go really, though I have always walked and played netball I have spent far to much time studying and working at a desk, I just realised there is more to life than work.

Must admit, the more you do it the more you like it. It does get addictive. I love my boxing sessions, wish I could afford to do more than one session a week as I do really enjoy that. The main thing I struggle with is motivating myself. Although I do feel better when I excersize more.