Kitten constant mewing

oops, saw the title and thought your cat was a frustrated gardener!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can't get her done whilst she's still in season, but for cats the seasons come about once every 3 weeks (with 3-5 days of fertility each time) so you'll have to make a vet appointment to have her spayed in 1-2 weeks' time.

It's also important to recognise that even house cats can try to escape during a season and any local entire toms can also spend ridiculous amounts of time and energy trying to get into a house which contains a queen in season, so care is important.

It's not that much of a worry if you're certain that you can get her spayed in the next couple of weeks, but there's still a risk of all sorts of cat STIs, including FIV and FeLV, both of which are incurable (like human HIV).

If she's already been calling for a couple of days then she will probably calm down in a day or two and then you've got a fortnight to sort out spaying, which will be ample time.

I'm a staunch believer in spaying and neutering because there are too many cats in this country and way too many unwanted ones. Obviously it's your choice, but the worst thing is being surprised with kittens that you may not be able to find homes for.

OMG, Fergie sounded like she was dying during her season - nonstop screaming, yowling, growling - I recommend ear plugs LOL (and then spaying !)

Well that's something I've learned too! Always had boys until now. Just got two little girls now coming upo to about five months so if I see this behaviour I'll know. Lol you are definitely NOT going out and you are booked in for spey.

oh all this talk of cats is making me want another one, as my little lady is outside 24/7 only comes back for munch, ummm tempted tempted xx :-), oh bugger just realised im on other halfs profile so hes gonna see, he he he, ill work on him later as for now any kittens that need a loving home, look my way

yes in about a weeks time shes going in for speying as im a firm believer in theres two many cats in the world and in need of homes. she will be in asap. our mini (thee cat) is enough for us and brings us so much joy and laughter.

it's amazing how quickly they are bouncing around again afterwards.

PS, boo to the mods - I was rather liking the one man went to mow tune rattling around my head. It's just not the same now that the kitty is mewing and not mowing:hihi:

We had ferals for many years but the first one we got was a male and he was constantly mewing until we got another cat. Feral cats tend to live in colonies and are very much pack animals, in a loner sort of way, so it may be that she's lonely.

no we tried getting her another cat just a bit a couple of monnths older than her, but no she didnt like it, she just hid away and would stay well clear of the other cat, so we found the other cat a loving home and all of a sudden our mini turned in to the perfect cat, shed climb ya knee, she wonted constant fussing, she would be in the same room as you, it seemed to change her for the better.

:quote:It's also important to recognise that even house cats can try to escape during a season and any local entire toms can also spend ridiculous amounts of time and energy trying to get into a house which contains a queen in season, so care is important:quote:

I fully agree. We had a house cat, she never went out, disn't know what the outside was like, lol. BUT...when she came in season, she was like houdini! Eventually, despite all our best efforts, she did get out, and yes, a few weeks later we were 'proud' owners of kittens. Fortunately for us, they all went to good homes, and she was spayed the minute it was possible!

mini my cat seems to be ok, we got her from 5 weeks old she was found by some men in a warehouse in a industrial estate, they rescued 8 kittens altogether, and beautiful markings, its taken about two months for her to come out of her shell. for the first two months she would hide in the smallest of places that are dark. To stop her from getting hurt or injured we set up a dark warm spot up stairs out of the way of our daily goings, as shes used to hide behind cookers or fridges or washers so we set up a little den up stairs, and my daughter for two months sat there at the side of the den and just talked to her, took her treats and toys, and gave her little strokes.

After three weeks she didnt seem to be coming out so we got a 6 month old kitten that was a very loving and playful cat, that made a effect on mini, not that she got on with the other cat just that she came out and hide in the living room and stood her ground that this was her home, but she didnt really like the other kitten at all, and we couldnt leave them alone at all with out splitting them up so eventually we had to find a loving home for the other kitten.

as soon as the other kitten had gone mini just transformed into a lovely cat, she came out all the time, she started to come to us adults for attention, and now she will jump on our knee have so much love. she's a fantastic cat. plus i work from home so she does have constant attention when she wonts it.