Cycling megathread

HI FOLKS

are there any groups set up which go riding around S12 area

i would really love to go and meet up with some people

WOW!!!! great thread folks,

If i could get some tips and tricks off you would come in really handy...

first off i know NOTHING about what is a good bike or a bad one... so some good advice on a cheaper type bike for commute from S9 into town... any budget (but cheaper end)

plus ive been told about a trail that runs from the bottom of Wincobank (im on standon road) which runs into town (canal?) i tend to park in the sheaf queys car park anyway so got really excited at this news... cant think of nothing better... is this possible??? not too keen on road biking (drivers, me included dont tend to like bikers???? lol)

please help this novis...lol

kind regards

john

Insurance wise the best bet is to get them on covered on your household contents insurance. My insurance is with M&S and under their rules any single item under £4k in value is covered without being named specifically. Contents and building insurance from them is £300ish for the year and covers my 6 bikes totaling £16k in that.

Id check up on that mate...

I work for yorkshire bank and i sell Home insurance (which includes a seperate actual insurance for bikes) and this above comment (imo) MAY not be true... normally as default all insurance will cover an item upto the value on 1.5k anything above this needs to be declared... please check your paperwork mate... wouldnt want you thinking your covered (or been miss sold too)

regards

john

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/mountain/io-&-ioid/io-id-alfine-11

Two mountain bikes here that have hub gears, if I could afford it I'd have the Alfine 11 speed IO.

Best looking second hand if upto £500, I personally wouldnt touch Saracen or Carrera, look at some of the smaller brands and you will get alot better components. I would aim to get something with a good frame and forks and then you can update/improve as you get the cash.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genesis-Core-20-2010-Hardtail-Mountain-Bike-/150557764476?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item230df12b7c

This looks a bargin on ebay (No I'm not selling it)

I think you ought to read up about Saracen now mate.The new Saracen which is now manufactured by Madison is a stunning bike.The Myst is the downhill bike which won a lot of the catagories at this years British Downhill Series first round last month.And Carrera by the way are manufactured by GT for Halfords.