Chocolate is as Good for you as Fruit!

In todays Metro http://www.metro.co.uk/lifestyle/854776-chocolate-is-as-good-for-you-as-fruit

It's all the evidence I need to eat my five a day! (chocolate bars that is!):hihi:

Just keep in mind that the "research" was paid for by a leading sweet manufacturer!

It must be dark chocolate around 70% i heard.

It must be dark chocolate around 70% i heard.

yes it has to be high cocoa content :)

Yes, i've read lot's of similar articles over the years.

I try to have at least one cup o cocoa a day!

Most chocolate is over 50% sugar though and very low levels of actual cocoa mass, so you need good dark chocolate... (50% + cocoa solids)

It's a pile o crap, probably brought about by chocolate firms in readiness for St Valentine's Day and Easter. You eat chocolate for 6 months and I'll eat fruit, then we'll see who can run the longest.

It's a pile o crap, probably brought about by chocolate firms in readiness for St Valentine's Day and Easter. You eat chocolate for 6 months and I'll eat fruit, then we'll see who can run the longest.

Well discussing diet type stuff the other day and I was informed that fructose turns into fat very easily (I have about 4 oranges and then a few other fruits a day!).

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20080731/fructose-may-make-you-fatter

My Misses does me melted dark chocalate on fresh strawberries and fresh pineapple yum yum weather its fatning or not I don't care yummy in my tummy go for it guys.

If you ate nowt but fruit you'd lose as the only thing you'd be running for would be the bog! However if it was a race for the Gents I'd think you win handsomely...

I'd have to say with a survey like this you want to beware of cui bono though.

Then I know some of the healthiest women in Britain.

Eating large amounts of chocolate is only good for you if washed down with diet coke.

Nice idea and judging by the fat lumps o' lard I see everywhere, already a popular delusion.