Private rooms at Hallamsire?

Without my calling the hospital, I wondered if they had private rooms available at The Hallamshire? I would be on a neurological ward.

No.

Not that you can ring up and book/request.

There are side rooms, but they are generally reserved for the dying or those with MRSA/C.diff/D&V.

There are no private rooms at RHH - only side rooms which are almost always used for the dying or those with infections who have to be barrier nursed.

Without my calling the hospital, I wondered if they had private rooms available at The Hallamshire? I would be on a neurological ward.

No, I think you would need to go through private healthcare at Thornbury hospital or somewhere.

Hi Saffy, as others have said, there are private rooms at the RHH, but they are usually reserved for very sick or infectious patients.

However, if you ask (nicely) you may be moved into one on the proviso that you move out if someone with a greater need requires it (be warned - they would move you in the middle of the night if necesserry).

If I was you, I'd request a single room on admission, and politely enquire every day if one has become available.

A friend of mine was recently in hospital for two weeks and was moved into a single room cos she got so sleep deprived it was hindering her recovery.

Aw well .. I'm not that fussed. We are with bupa but they won't cover the op I am having because "it isn't a cure" or I would have used this so that i could free a space for someone on the nhs waiting list.

Do you mean neurosurgical? I work on that ward. :D

We have four side rooms on the ward, these are often used for those with infections but not exclusively so so you may get lucky and get a side room.

Good luck with your op.:)

Aw well .. I'm not that fussed. We are with bupa but they won't cover the op I am having because "it isn't a cure" or I would have used this so that i could free a space for someone on the nhs waiting list.

Well as I said - my friend hardly got a wink of sleep when she was in hospital - no ones fault, it was a very busy surgical ward and all the patients in the same room were having very frequent obs/treatment.

Thats OK if you're only in for a night or two - but for a long stay you may be considered as 'deserving' a room to allow adequate rest during your recuperation - but if you don't ask you probably won't get!