Ecclesfield - Aldi and national fast food chain plans

The bed shop is going to be Direct Kitchens - not sure if they're moving from Chapeltown or as well as, but that's what's happening anyway.

I bet they're utterly fed up of being flooded several times a year under the bridge! At least they might keep their feet dry in the new place.

nowt wrong wi aldi better qulity than most supermarkets an d a lot cheaper

I bet they're utterly fed up of being flooded several times a year under the bridge! At least they might keep their feet dry in the new place.

There's a stream thst runs right next to the building, that comes down next to Whitley Lane and floods the road in that area, so they may be no better off!

There's a stream thst runs right next to the building, that comes down next to Whitley Lane and floods the road in that area, so they may be no better off!
theres also the run off from the dam which causes flooding in the same stream at the side of the building

I passed today and couldn't believe how much of the girder-work they have done already. Hope it opens in time for Christmas!! :D

I live two minutes walk from the proposed site for Aldi. I was born at 23 The Common - directly opposite the proposed Aldi. When I was a kid, the site was a small wood! I am wondering if the original part of Rollem will be demolished, as this was the Ecclesfield corn/flour mill, powered by water wheels in the stream, around two hundred years ago. I wondered if it could be grade 2 listed. Its cellars reached right to the Mill Road traffic lights. I saw them when the road was altered to accommodate the traffic lights. Of course the building occupied by Rollem Patent Products is only a part of the original mill. I suppose I shall have to wait and see what happens..

Edited by Nigel Womersle

Yes, the thought had occured to me, as nowadays Aldi seem to only want to move into areas where there are already established stores! It's mighty brave of them (or foolish)

I suppose there will always be people tight enough to save a few pennies on their weekly shop by purchasing Aldi's own brand products :)

x

Think you know my daughter Rachael.

:rant::rant:it,s not a case of being tight it sells good quality food a lot of the time better than morrisons etc all you that knock it should try it.

Looks like its nearly done. Is there a date for the opening yet?

There's nothing wrong with shopping at Aldi. All the sensible people do it...

Must be a lorra lorra sensible people out there.

Everytime I shop at Aldi, I have to queue for days at the checkout.

I've been served faster in the 99p store :roll: