Ecclesfield - Aldi and national fast food chain plans

Aldi are proposing to build a store in Ecclesfield at mill lane / the common directly on the area presently occupied by Rollem.

It was discovered that not all local residents were made aware of the proposal and did not receive a newsletter regarding the public consultation on 2/3/11, the Aldi representative has been informed of this fact.

If you wish to object to the proposed build of the Aldi store at Ecclesfield then please fill out the petition, the petition will be forwarded to Aldi head office / representative and Sheffield council.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/proposed-aldi-site-at-ecclesfieldrlm/

For futher information

SayNoToAldi@hotmail.co.uk

Just had a look at your "petition" and just noticed that 16 out of the 23 already signed dont even live in England!

hmmm... do they actually have a clue what the development is and the potential benefits it would bring to the area.

I would also like to know why the ERAG are so against this project anyway? Do they have a brain between them. Its going to bring life to what would otherwise become an empty and no doubt derelict area of land. What else do they want to do with it..... leave it as a dead space perhaps?

So Aldi are proposing to build a store on the current Rollem site. I don't live in Ecclesfield any more but if I did, and lived within view of the site I'd much rather be looking at a bright new store than (what definitely is) a run-down factory.

If traffic issues are a concern then anybody using a store at that end of the common (rather than Morrisons) would help the overall flow as the lights around Morrisons and near The Travellers have to be the worst in Sheffield.

Given that the bottom of the village appears busiest around 7.45-8.30am and 3.30-5.30pm especially in school terms (about when I still travel through it!!) I find it hard to imagine that Aldi shoppers would be making it worse at those times.

I'm told the plans also allow for other local shoppers to use Aldi's car park. Oh, I hope they do and drivers stop blocking Mill Road to use the chippy and sandwich shop, like they do right now, allowing buses etc to get through.

I occasionally use Aldi in Rotherham and at MRP and as much as I'd love to be critical of their products, they're not all bad.

yep, I can see that some foreign people are giving there support for whatever reason, at the end of the day all the uk local petition members will be counted and put to officialdom, I am in contact with them via SayNoToAldi@hotmail.co.uk, althought they are not many at this point in time, I expect this to be much larger by next week.

Hi

I work for a company who are representing Aldi in communication matters on this site. We wanted to clarify that there are no proposals for a fast food chain on the site. A public consultation event is being held next week Wednesday 2nd March from 3pm to 7pm at the 147 Snooker and Social Club on Yew Lane. Anyone is welcome to attend and discuss any concerns you may have. We also have an email address aldiconsultation@planningpotential.co.uk if you have any questions. I can also email newletters to anyone who hasn't recieved one.

I would treat this comment as you would treat nick clegg or any other scheming politician, they can not be trusted.

The plans at rhe consultation show an area allocated for the proposed Aldi site, the larger surrounding area they have purchased has not been allocated yet for anything.

They are waiting to get the Aldi store through first, ask your self, do Aldi provide a restraunt service like Morrison’s and Tesco’s etc, the answer is NO they don't, hence the surrounding land will be solid to a fast food chain and will not be in competition with Aldi as thet do not serve food, so this is very likely indeed, do not trust them.

Edited by Andy
Fixed quote tags

They are waiting to get the Aldi store through first, ask your self, do Aldi provide a restraunt service like Morrison’s and Tesco’s etc, the answer is NO they don't, hence the surrounding land will be solid to a fast food chain and will not be in competition with Aldi as thet do not serve food, so this is very likely indeed, do not trust them.

So correct me if i'm wrong but your problem is not with the current Aldi proposal but more to do with some hair-brained fast food scheme you've invented and have no evidence will ever happen?

Unless on a retail park, I can't think of any other Aldi which has fast food even near it.

Edited by Andy
Fixed quote tags

Mcdonalds Meadowhall retail park is about 200 yds away from aldi and yes i would object even more if this is the trick they have up their sleeves.

Unless on a retail park, I can't think of any other Aldi which has fast food even near it.

Philo, read post carefully first.

yes point taken

Hi, New to this forum, but not Ecclesfield.

TRAFFIC:- As part of the measures to get planning approved, the traffic problem will have to be addressed. So this is something for all local residents to think about. To keep traffic flowing double yellow lines are used, so if you don't have double yellows in front of your home, and you live near to the proposed site. There is a real chance that you will have, if planning is approved. Anywhere from Church street to Morrisons, Mill road, nether lane. It will happen.

If you don't get double yellows, you will get someone else's car. Perhaps on Mill road, Washington road, Johnson lane, Whitley view.

Lets stick together. If you object to these plans visit the petition site under ALDI Ecclesfield. Sign the petition. It shows that you care.

i love Aldi and hope they build one there as i live up the road .. great news !

i love Aldi and hope they build one there as i live up the road .. great news !

How can you love a supermarket :roll:

Aldi have certainly done their demographical homework, haven't they? If all you ten-bob Millionaires up there want one so much, bloody well have it :loopy:

x