Ideas for children's parties megathread- all discussion in here please

Well if you need a really good magician/children's entertainer, look no further than me! SF's very own resident magic man!

You can see full details on my website which is http://www.littlebiggift.co.uk

I can also suggest some good venues if you let me know which area you're looking to hold the party in. PM me if interested.

Thanks! :D

Paul

Has anyone got any suggestions where I could hold my daughters 8th birthday party this June?

We live in the North of Sheffield.

We don't want it at home.

She's had a couple at Brewsters but I think she's getting a bit old for these activity centres.

She had a swimming party last year & weve also hired a Hall before but don't want to do that again.

Would like something different but wouldn't really want to pay more than £10 a head.

Any ideas?

The year 4 girl's (age 8-9) at the school where i work had a 'make soap' party, they made some real 'girly' smelly stuff, and had great fun, there's a website, 'fizzpotzz' or something like that. Anyway loads of them brought me pressies they had made for me, (do i smell)

IIRC when I was 8 I went with a group of mates from School up to the Sicey pub on Sicey Avenue in S5.

They had a Mr Men gimmick for the Children's meals in those days (it was in early-mid 80s)

Very enjoyable, and I believe the Pub is still open to this day although I don't know if they still do Children's meals as it's been years since I was last in there.

Have a look here for some ideas http://www.netmums.com/lc/kidsparties.php

In case the link doesn't work, it's http://www.netmums.com - sign up for the Sheffield board and there is a Kid's Parties page with local information.

Some of the suggestions include ice Sheffield, Foundry, Butterfly House or a bear workshop at Meadowhall.

HTH

Have you thought about the ski village? I've heard they do all sorts of stuff for kids and are good. Not sure how much they are though.

there's "just4kidz" on John Street, opposite the Sheffield United football ground?

a friend of mine regularly took her children there when she lived in Sheffield.

PT

I haven't actually seen or heard what this party is like, but the build a bear factory at meadowhall do parties, and all children get to make a bear. We had a flyer sent through the post, because we actually bought a bear from there, and it said prices from 10.00. I don't know if this sounds like what you are searching for, but it sounds like a great alternative to your normal run of the mill stuff.

I've looked at the bear factory at meadowhall, prices do start at £10 but you can imagine most would want an outfit for there bear & you still have to find somewhere to have food. Would end up being about £25 a head.

Bowling alleys do parties, or what about if it's a nice a day take a picnic to a park? Cheap and no mess left to clear up at home.

Good thinking Martss!

Will bare the park in mind