Ideas for children's parties megathread- all discussion in here please

My son has had many parties at Lazer Quest in town. I think he still would (have you watched have I met your mother?) It makes for an easy party as everybody can get there

have you watched have i met your mother??????????????

what you on about lol

Diveworld offer scuba diving partys for children over the age of 8.

Some thing different and the kids would love it and have loads of fun.

Learn2Dive.co.uk

have you watched have i met your mother??????????????

what you on about lol

If you'd seen that particular episdode of how I met your mother you'd know exactly what they were on about!

We had a proper old fashioned party at my house last year for my twin grand-daughters and all the kids thought it was brilliant. The parents said how nice it was to do something different to the usual play centres etc. It can cost as much or as little as you like, and in the summer can be outside so no mess. All the bargain shops do dirt cheap party plates and cups, and party bag fillers, home bargains is great.

Hi, The Big Tops playcentre in dinnington does lazer parties. You can go in for admission and laser, or have an actual laser party. Not sure on prices, but its a great venue.

Tel: 01909560110 http://www.thebigtops.co.uk

my son wanted to do lazer quest for his birthday party only to find out that the actual game only last 20 mins so not much of a party so can people please give me some idea's of where he could have a party and do what etc cause i am really outta ideas

My two boys had a laser tag party at danger zone on strines last saturday.

Great fun and lasted 2 hours.

Been to a few pool parties at Hillsbrough leisure, kids get pool private & a party after for £200, all the kids loved it & been stress free for the parents

Hi

For my daughters 7th birthday, i hired a bouncy castle and did a carnival theme in my garden with bunting etc. A lot of the games were ones that i created myself, eg pin the tail, hook a duck (small paddling pool and some ducks from ebay) Tin can alley (using empty tin cans and a ball) and i also saved loads of glass jars and got the kids to try and throw a ping pong ball into them. I had a black sack full of sweets and toys from poundland for prizes. I created the invites on the pc so no cost there!

I got some basic facepainting ideas from the internet and bought a cheap kit from ebay. I did the facepainting. I served hot dogs and fries (in keeping with the carnival theme) and served pop corn in bags (ebay again)

I had a word with our local ice cream man and he came and did the children their puddings (50p ice cream sundaes!)

I roped in a few friends to help but all in all it was a fantastic party and much better than the usual run of the mill party venues. It was hard work, but we had a great time and didnt cost the earth.

Some good ideas there!

We had a proper old fashioned party at my house last year for my twin grand-daughters and all the kids thought it was brilliant. The parents said how nice it was to do something different to the usual play centres etc. It can cost as much or as little as you like, and in the summer can be outside so no mess. All the bargain shops do dirt cheap party plates and cups, and party bag fillers, home bargains is great.

I always used to do these sort of parties when my kids were little. Sometimes I sent a menu with the invitation, with three different hot meals (things like fish fingers/burgers etc) and they let me know what they wanted. It was so much easier than doing the usual party buffett food - and the kids loved it!

We have a pool party on the site next week, has to be mon to fri though. Also have a pizza making party, which can be done in a garden.

What about something likeba pony party or beauty party ?

Have an old fashioned party sandwiches,jelly and ice cream.buns and cake. Party hats .It would be a novelty for kids now.

This is the most sensible reply on this thread.

If you'd seen that particular episdode of how I met your mother you'd know exactly what they were on about!

explain then