Find the monsters that did this!!! (Puppy hanged)

I agree with you there Lotti

It cewtainly does matter how the poor animal died. Surely it would have ben much easier for the owner of the animal to find it a new home if he/she didnt want it any more? There was certianly no need to kill it at all, however way it was done.

I am an animal lover, but i too like my meat. The animals that produce our meat are killed in a humane way, so that they do not suffer. There is a difference between this, and choking a puppy to death. Come on people!

I would happily contribute to a fund to catch these people, and lock them away for a long time. Unfortunatley i am left wondering if they are cought, what will happen to them. Will they go to jail? Or will they just be given a "community rehabilitation order" and told never to do it again?

Originally posted by Tony

It's not clear in the slightest. Doing smack does not equal killing dogs.

i dont think i said that, do you tony?

and i think it was the rspca that called them mindless "yobs"

a lot kinder to what i call them.

Originally posted by Avalon

It cewtainly does matter how the poor animal died. Surely it would have ben much easier for the owner of the animal to find it a new home if he/she didnt want it any more? There was certianly no need to kill it at all, however way it was done.

I would happily contribute to a fund to catch these people, and lock them away for a long time. Unfortunatley i am left wondering if they are cought, what will happen to them. Will they go to jail? Or will they just be given a "community rehabilitation order" and told never to do it again?

Seen this morning that the owners have sadly discovered that that their missing dog is the one that was cruelly hanged. Appears to be a normal boistrous pup that has got out and fell into the clutches of some sadistic saddo.

I can only guess that the person responsible will get some type of rehab order and banned from keeping pets for a few years. I also think in todays society that the person resposible will also have it on his/her mobile phone!! :rant:

Let's hope they are caught and shame they cant suffer the same type of death

Originally posted by beautynbeast

i dont think i said that, do you tony?

and i think it was the rspca that called them mindless "yobs"

a lot kinder to what i call them.

Apologies if i misread this:

Originally posted by beautynbeast

“There were two more nooses on the ground close to a couple of empty cider bottles and some silver foil beside a bonfire.

i think its clear enough who did this

The point I was making, perhaps badly, is that we shouldn't just jump to conclusions and base instincts - even though I feel the same disgust and revulsion that others have shown. I'm happy for a punishment to fit a crime providing that we go through the proper process - not vigilantism.

oh no!

I was quitely praying that it was the owners that did this, that way they wouldn't have to find out their puppy had been killed in this tragic way.

I can't imagine what the poor people are going through - dalmatians are so difficult to keep under control and while you could say it's their own fault for not having their garden secure, they never deserved this.

I think at this time, it would be worthwhile us all taking a step back from arguing and our own values and opinions and think about the poor family this dog belonged to.

Originally posted by Avalon

I am an animal lover, but i too like my meat. The animals that produce our meat are killed in a humane way, so that they do not suffer.

It is comforting to believe that isn't it ?

Shame it's not true.

Originally posted by princessb

I really urge everyone to go to http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005470533,00.html and please sign the petition demanding law reform.

It will only take about 3 minutes of your time and you could help make a huge difference and protect animals that need it.

Lets also, not fool ourselves in to believing that the sun newspaper, well it's owners, actually care about anything other than stiring up people's emotions and ultimately, their own profit.

Evil sick gits!!!!! they say what goes around comes around but unfortunatley these days I dont think it does.

Amongst us all we should be able to have an idea of who commited this abhorant act. little ****s like these will undoubtedly brag about their actions.

Anyone with any ideas???????

:suspect:

Originally posted by Lotti

I also really resent your remarks about animal lovers eating animals, if I'm reading it right, you are saying that in order to love animals, you have to be veggie.

Well, I adore animals but I also love my meat. It keeps me healthy and gives people a reason to continue breeding cows,pigs etc. if everyone was veggie, animals like that would be extinct and the price of dairy products would rocket - this is for another thread, but please don't make assumptions on whether I, or any other meat eater is an animal lover- you don't know a thing.

When I first dipped into this thread I was genuinely interested as to why this particular case of animal cruelty had gotten people so angry. Sorry Lotti, I don't doubt that you love animals, but animals that are bred for meat are rarely treated in a way that I would describe as 'humane'. And continuing to breed animals just to slaughter them in an inhumane fashion is indeed cruel, I think.

I agree that this case is sickening and I hope that the perpertrators are caught. However, I do think we perhaps need to consider how we treat animals in general in this country INCLUDING cows and pigs and chickens, before we all go on ranting about animal cruelty.

Chicken Monkey

Chicken Monkey,

Yes, things need addressing. However, I believe they are being, which is why free range products have become more and more common (and popular) over recent years.

I think a lot of the animals that are bred, are not kept in bad conditions. I mean, lets face it. If you breed cows for meat, you can't go round and give each of them lots of love and affection!

A farmer's job is a busy one, and a tiring one and he needs to make a profit for his family. Therefore, the animals are treated well enough to keep them happy and healthy. An unhappy animal won't eat - therefore, not a lot of meat.

There was a story of a farmer who bred a collie, one of the pups was stood on by a horse (I believe) at 5 weeks and without vet treatment, it wouldn't ever be able to walk again. However, the farmer was also told that it would never work even if it had veterinary treatment.

The farmer refused to pay and said he didn't want the puppy.

the vets kept the puppy on and asked for funds to treat the puppy.

However, as much as this may seem cold hearted, the farmer couldn't afford a huge vet bill, to have a dog that couldn't work anyway. He had to think about business. His animals were his business, not necessarily his pets.

he had the rest of the litter to choose from so why pay for this puppy to be treated.

It's so difficult to comprehend and compare, I too find it difficult.

However, as much as I don't want to go off topic - and a vegetarianism/free range thread should be started elsewhere if you want to carry it on, I felt I had to say this.

Whilst things could still improve, things are definitely looking up for farm animals.

It's now up to those of us who eat meat to only buy meat that we know the animals were well treated.

I understand you are an animal lover Lotti, and the following is not directed at you.

It is very easy to be self -righteous and indignatious when we read a story like this. We all think 'that's terrible!, I would never be party to something like that! These people are monsters! String them up!'

Yet, we do still have battery farming in this country. We do buy these products when we know (or should know) about the appauling conditions animals are kept in. 'Free range' often means nothing of the sort.

I am not going off topic, I am not wanting to discuss farming or vegetarianism. What gets me is the level of aggression and rage exhibited by some on this forum when a dog is mistreated, when they do not get similarly enraged by other cruelties - including the food on their plates!

Chicken Monkey